Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 08-26-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Simpsons get African makeover

Oh no! It's time we all go to the street and protest the people who changed our beloved Simpsons! We'll be just like the Muslims! Time to threaten those responsible!

Oh wait, Angola is a predominantly Christian country, but we can still blame it on the Muslims!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090821/...xsbmJzcHN0b3I-

Quote:
An homage to Homer, African style

Fri Aug 21, 12:04 pm ET

LUANDA (Reuters) An Angolan advertising agency has given Homer Simpson and his family an African makeover, raising eyebrows among fans of one of America's most cherished sitcoms.

The Simpsons, broadcast in more than 90 countries, have always been portrayed as yellow but the advertising agency, Executive Center in Luanda, decided to turn them brown in a promotional video aired by Africa's digital satellite TV service DSTV in Angola.

Homer, Marge, Lisa and Bart are portrayed as Africans sitting on their over-used family couch. The family is shown wearing African-inspired clothing and their living room has little more than two huge loud speakers.

Even Homer's cherished beer has been replaced by Cuca, the Budweiser of Angola.

"Couldn't they have left Marge's hair blue?" said Ryan, a blogger, in a post below a picture of Marge with a jet black afro hairdo.

The creative director of Executive Center, Antonio Pascoa, said: "Our goal was to adapt the satirical parody of the typical middle-class American family to Angola.

"If people don't like it than I guess they don't have a sense of humor big enough to enjoy the Simpsons."

(Reporting by Henrique Almeida)
Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 PM
County Mike

haha. Love the hairstyles.

They change into something different every week for that opening couch scene. What's the big deal?
Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
haha. Love the hairstyles.

They change into something different every week for that opening couch scene. What's the big deal?
I don't really care, it's funny that some peeps are upset about it. I was simply making fun of how Muslims reacted so violently to that guy who drew Mohammed in a cartoon a few years ago.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I don't really care, it's funny that some peeps are upset about it. I was simply making fun of how Muslims reacted so violently to that guy who drew Mohammed in a cartoon a few years ago.
Or how a couple years ago the pope said Islam was spread by the sword and violence so the Muslims got pissed and killed people lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:43 PM
County Mike

They should have drawn Mohammed on the couch with the Simpsons - as th dog.