Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
My bad.

Apparently Edward Kennedy IS Ted Kennedy. Who uses the nickname "Ted" for "Edward"?

Well JFK was john and he liked jack.. It's a kennedy thing I guess.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Well JFK was john and he liked jack.. It's a kennedy thing I guess.
Boomer is Matt and he likes Matt... and he likes Jack.......
Old 08-26-2009, 09:42 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Happy he's out of Congress, sad to hear of anybody dying though
Yeah! I wanted him out of office but I didn't wish death on him! I wanted him VOTED out not dieing!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Chris F

He at least tried to be non partisan in his career. He was a pit bull on some issues but caved on others. He was better than Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, Clinton, Edwards, and Kerry. Sadly Mass. will just stick in another liberal to takes his place. Even the GOP is liberal up there. Look at ole Mitt Romney. Liberal as all can be.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:25 AM
que

the man never wavered or flinched from his views, that is for sure.

at the last senate meeting i heard one of the senators say that ted kennedy did not miss a single senate meeting since 1962. well... he did miss one.. the one that happened a couple weeks ago.. but that was only because he was too ill with brain cancer to attend. that is pretty dang impressive if you ask me
Old 08-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Miss Foxy

RIP Ted Kennedy...
Sad end to the Kennedy legacy..Yes, this girl loves the Kennedy clan..
Old 08-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
RIP Ted Kennedy...
Sad end to the Kennedy legacy..Yes, this girl loves the Kennedy clan..
wow way to fall of the earth and then come back suddenly
Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 PM

Heard Obama is giving the eulogy. I would have thought one of the family members would have given it, you know, someone who knew him and could speak about his life.

I'm sure it will be a great speech.

It will be interesting to see who picks up the torch to carry on the Kennedy legacy.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:55 AM

http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...ZmMDk4MWExZGY=

Quote:
Jules Crittenden mentioned on his blog he heard Ed Klein, former foreign editor of Newsweek and editor-in-chief of The New York Times Magazine, recalling on air that Ted Kennedy liked to joke about Chappaquiddick. It seemed to defy belief, so I listened to the episode of The Diane Rehm Show in question and sure enough I've transcribed what Klein told guest host Katy Kay (Here's a link to the audio in WMA format, relevant portion starts at about 30:15):

I don't know if you know this or not, but one of his favorite topics of humor was indeed Chappaquiddick itself. And he would ask people, "have you heard any new jokes about Chappaquiddick?" That is just the most amazing thing. It's not that he didn't feel remorse about the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, but that he still always saw the other side of everything and the ridiculous side of things, too.

EXCUSE ME? If that's true it makes Kennedy kind of a monster. The odd thing is that if you listen to the whole show, the tone of everyone involved is nauseatingly haigographic and reverential. Klein apparently let his guard down a bit; after he lets it slip Kennedy liked to joke about the woman he killed you can actually hear in his voice that he's trying to backpedal. The show actually cuts to a break as he's trying to explain himself, and I seriously wonder if it wasn't the producers trying to do Klein a favor. But I'm sorry, there appears to be little to that could explain this. It goes way beyond "you had to be there."
Old 08-28-2009, 07:00 AM

http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5585

Quote:
It is after midnight and Kennedy and Dodd are just finishing up a long dinner in a private room on the first floor of the restaurant’s annex. They are drunk. Their dates, two very young blondes, leave the table to go to the bathroom. (The dates are drunk too. “They’d always get their girls very, very drunk,” says a former Brasserie waitress.) Betty Loh, who served the foursome, also leaves the room. Raymond Campet, the co-owner of La Brasserie, tells Gaviglio the senators want to see her.

As Gaviglio enters the room, the six-foot-two, 225-plus-pound Kennedy grabs the five-foot-three, 103-pound waitress and throws her on the table. She lands on her back, scattering crystal, plates and cutlery and the lit candles. Several glasses and a crystal candlestick are broken. Kennedy then picks her up from the table and throws her on Dodd, who is sprawled in a chair. With Gaviglio on Dodd’s lap, Kennedy jumps on top and begins rubbing his genital area against hers, supporting his weight on the arms of the chair. As he is doing this, Loh enters the room. She and Gaviglio both scream, drawing one or two dishwashers. Startled, Kennedy leaps up. He laughs. Bruised, shaken and angry over what she considered a sexual assault, Gaviglio runs from the room. Kennedy, Dodd and their dates leave shortly thereafter, following a friendly argument between the senators over the check.

Eyewitness Betty Loh told me that Kennedy had “three or four” cocktails in his first half hour at the restaurant and wine with dinner. When she walked into the room after Gaviglio had gone in, she says, “what I saw was Senator Kennedy on top of Carla, who was on top of Senator Dodd’s lap, and the tablecloth was sort of slid off the table ‘cause the table was knocked over—not completely, but just on Senator Dodd’s lap a little bit, and of course the glasses and the candlesticks were totally spilled and everything. And right when I walked in, Senator Kelly jumped off…and he leaped up, composed himself and got up. And Carla jumped up and ran out of the room.”

Last edited by Play The Man; 08-28-2009 at 07:05 AM.