Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
its bassically the office of Evensong, with a few added extras

For example, The Surmon is in the wrong place for the office, but the right place for a mass, There is one to many readings for an office, but the right ammount for the common worship style of Mass. A lot of the prayers are 1662 Book of Common Prayer, I've swapped the collect of the Day for the Collect and Prayer of Saint Michael because he is my Patron Saint.

I've shortened the comittle because half the funeral senatances were sung by the Choir and dont need to be repeated. The Passages are sacred to me, as is the choice of psalm, and the inclusion of the National Anthem as I am a royalist.
Yeah see that's like answering somebody with 3 words of English then 10 minutes of Chinese... you lost me after "It's basically".....
Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Yeah see that's like answering somebody with 3 words of English then 10 minutes of Chinese... you lost me after "It's basically".....
okay...i'll go slowly.

After the Reformation a basic Church of England Prayer book was written in 1662...there are several versions each dating from a different year, but this is the one mainly used.

In it are things like orders of services, and regular services. The Office system is a set of regular services run at different points of the day. It also did an order of service for mass

Recently a different order of service for mass has appeared with modern words, its called "common worship" and the order is slightly different.

So ive muddled the order of all three to pick and choose what I want, when I want it, how I want it
Old 08-26-2009, 11:42 PM
bradwright

Quote:
The Funeral and Service of Thanks Giving For the Life of David Stuart Duff Within The Night Office of Choral Evensong
holy crap Dave.....i actually did read the whole thing (no really i did.) and it seems althought you think you may have thought of everything there is one very important thing that you might have over looked....

alarm clocks! ! !...

how else will everyone know when its over ?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
holy crap Dave.....i actually did read the whole thing (no really i did.) and it seems althought you think you may have thought of everything there is one very important thing that you might have over looked....

alarm clocks! ! !...

how else will everyone know when its over ?
The service will probably be a little over an hour...after the Dido Lament, it will be obvious that the service is over
Old 08-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Chuck

Quote:
The service will probably be a little over an hour...after the Dido Lament, it will be obvious that the service is over
Duh!!!!! Of course!! Cause you and 4 other people on Earth have the slightest idea what the hell a dido lament is!!!

DO NOT POST 3 PAGES AFTER THIS EXPLAINING WHATEVER THE HECK THAT IS... I'M CONTENT IN MY IGNORANCE!!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Duh!!!!! Of course!! Cause you and 4 other people on Earth have the slightest idea what the hell a dido lament is!!!

DO NOT POST 3 PAGES AFTER THIS EXPLAINING WHATEVER THE HECK THAT IS... I'M CONTENT IN MY IGNORANCE!!
you havent read the document at all have you!! its the last track, I copied the lyrics, got you the music, and said it was after the burrial.

Funeral services tend to end after the burrial rather then going of ad infinitum!

GO LOOKEY at the END of what ive written...and then come back and tell me if you like Dido Lament or not...that way I shall know your actually listening to me and not just being mean
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 AM
bradwright

Quote:

come on chuck,even i knew what dido lament is.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
come on chuck,even i knew what dido lament is.
That leaves 3...........
Old 08-27-2009, 02:48 AM

I haven't given this too much thought yet, being young and spritely, at 23 but there are a few hymms and passages of the Bible i could think of.

I figure that i wish to be buried and not cremated but the last song to be played i would like to be,

Otis Redding, Sittin at the Dock of the Bay
Old 08-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

As Coffin is lowered a rendition of Didos Lament to be sung

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnzXbx97_UI

When I am layed in earth let my wrongs create no trouble in thy breast. Remember me, but forget my fate