Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 AM
County Mike

They need to make a "Dave Lane" and keep it clear just for you. What the heck are those other people thinking? Trying to cool off when you want to get your laps in. The nerve.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:17 PM
atomdanger

other than at friends houses I have never been in a pool.

I mean, not a public pool.
We always just swim in the river
Old 08-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
They need to make a "Dave Lane" and keep it clear just for you. What the heck are those other people thinking? Trying to cool off when you want to get your laps in. The nerve.
I KNOW

and the other thing is, this is not cheap...I pay through the teeth to be able to afford to go swimming
Old 08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
We always just swim in the river
you probably wouldnt be allowed to do that in England
Old 08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
really?

Why?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
wow thats gay We allways ramp bikes shopping carts and random crap into the crick near my house.(of cource we dont leave the stuff in it)
Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
really?

Why?
Well firstly you have to understand that our Geography means that there are very few rivers, and that all the rivers are usually close (what you would consider close) to a major urban area. The bigger rivers are all still extremely active in the import/export trade.

All land in England is owned, there is no free land. There is land available at a price to buy, but its already owned by someone. The Four main Land owners are The Crown, Local Government, The National Trust, The Church. You can rule out the Church since the Commissioners.

The National Trust will own parkland and listed buildings or tourist sites, as such they will have strict policies on what you can do. Noone wants to see skinny dipping in the brook that runs past Fountains Abbey for example. It would be considered a breach of the Peace, and be classified as "Exposure" Thats why Streakers if caught are actually criminally arrested!

Areas owned by the Crown mainly include their own castles and the likes, again as tourist destinations, that behaviour would not be tollerated.

Finally the Council. Local Government is extremely anal with what you can and can not do on the land they own....even on land YOU own, they can stop you building without their consent (and when I mean Building, I mean, if I wanted to put up a flag pole...sometimes, even a Sky Dish on the side of the house.

They will not tollerate you swimming in rivers. Not only is it dirty and unclean, but its also likely that you could cause vandalism, you'd be indecently exposing yourself (presumably, you wouldnt be wearing much )

It a no go.

Just to proove a point, a guy actually did take this to point. Living in the Greenbelt, an area of protected land in the south owned by the Council. He made a huge wall of hay stacks. Inside the stacks he built a house that looked a lot like a castle, I believe he used Grain Bins to get the towers. The rule was that the council had six years to tell you to remove whatever you built without their knowledge, or they would have to leave it. Of course they couldnt see it because it was covered by hay!

6 years later one night the hay vanished, and there it was.

The Council went Nuclear, and claimed that because it wasnt visable they couldnt have seen it, so the 6 years actually began when the hay was removed, not when the structure was built. They threatened to come and knock it down.

So the Architect, hoisted a flag, and declaired himself a Castle, and thus The property of The Crown! He then wrote to the Queen to let her know that her Castle was under attack from Parliamentarians
Old 08-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Via Con Dios

Quote:
really?

Why?

cough cough police state cough cough

who would want to swim in the Thames anyway?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 AM
County Mike

Swimming does not equal skinny deaping or streaking.

The dude with the hay-covered castle sounds like a riot. I think I'd be friends with him.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijo de la verga
who would want to swim in the Thames anyway?
well exactly