Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-30-2009, 04:50 PM
maxumII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
How did Randy avoid Nog? I'm asking that genuinely.... not in a starting an argument way
If I remember right, Randy refused to fight him cause he felt Nog wasn't a worthy opponent. He was insistant on being murdered by Fedor, which lucky for him, never happened.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:48 PM
logrus

I forgot their was a UFC last night.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
leben by KO

Yeah i was ignoring that one.

Plus that was with my heart, not my head!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Plus that was with my heart, not my head!
it happens to us all
Old 08-31-2009, 02:01 AM
que

Quote:
How did Randy avoid Nog? I'm asking that genuinely.... not in a starting an argument way
randy and nog were scheduled to fight each other in japan many years ago. there was actually a big buildup to it and nog got all prepared and then randy pulled out last minute (don't know why, but it wasn't due to injury or anything legit like that) ever since then randy kept getting offered the fight with nog but kept avoiding it to fight other people. this was when nog was in his prime and was thought to be invincible at the time. randy has always had a big problem with bigger guys and i think he was scared to fight nog because he knows nog is a bad matchup for him.

coming from randy's own mouth... he said nog's performance against mir was the first time he showed that he is slowing down. that leads me to believe that randy only took this fight because he thought he could catch nog while he was down. well, randy turned out to be wrong and nog was firing on all cylinders last night.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:15 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
randy and nog were scheduled to fight each other in japan many years ago. there was actually a big buildup to it and nog got all prepared and then randy pulled out last minute (don't know why, but it wasn't due to injury or anything legit like that) ever since then randy kept getting offered the fight with nog but kept avoiding it to fight other people. this was when nog was in his prime and was thought to be invincible at the time. randy has always had a big problem with bigger guys and i think he was scared to fight nog because he knows nog is a bad matchup for him.

coming from randy's own mouth... he said nog's performance against mir was the first time he showed that he is slowing down. that leads me to believe that randy only took this fight because he thought he could catch nog while he was down. well, randy turned out to be wrong and nog was firing on all cylinders last night.
Got it. Yeah Nog looked really good last night. Randy didn't look horrible but he didn't look great. The one thing about Randy that has always impressed me the most seemed to be missing last night and that's his strategy. He seems to always do his homework and have great strategy for every opponent. He caught Nog a few times clean, very clean and Nog walked right through it.. that surprised me.

Randy/Nog last night did look like a bad match up so if Randy were avoiding him then I can see why.

But.. styles make fights and as great as Nog looked last night I hope Dana keeps him away from Brock. I hate Brock and think he is beatable by the right guy... I just don't think Nog has the style that will beat Brock.

Thanks for explaining that to me...
Old 08-31-2009, 03:02 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Got it. Yeah Nog looked really good last night. Randy didn't look horrible but he didn't look great. The one thing about Randy that has always impressed me the most seemed to be missing last night and that's his strategy. He seems to always do his homework and have great strategy for every opponent. He caught Nog a few times clean, very clean and Nog walked right through it.. that surprised me.

Randy/Nog last night did look like a bad match up so if Randy were avoiding him then I can see why.

But.. styles make fights and as great as Nog looked last night I hope Dana keeps him away from Brock. I hate Brock and think he is beatable by the right guy... I just don't think Nog has the style that will beat Brock.

Thanks for explaining that to me...

Yeah, but in fairness against a solid 100 percent Nog, there is no good strategy.
Mir got lucky with Nog getting sick and coming in so out of shape.
(it isn't a myth, Nog came in almost 20lbs heavier than normal)

Randy obviously couldn't trade with him,
and you saw how fast his GnP got him mounted.
So whats the plan?
Old 08-31-2009, 03:49 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Yeah, but in fairness against a solid 100 percent Nog, there is no good strategy.
Mir got lucky with Nog getting sick and coming in so out of shape.
(it isn't a myth, Nog came in almost 20lbs heavier than normal)

Randy obviously couldn't trade with him,
and you saw how fast his GnP got him mounted.
So whats the plan?
So do you think Nog is that good or is Randy's age starting to show? Do you think Randy was at a 100%?

I love Randy but he's far from invincible... he wins what.. like 65% of his fights? So I'm not saying he's unbeatable... but I was surprised at how off he looked last night. Or maybe Nog just looked that good???

What do you all think?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:32 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
So do you think Nog is that good or is Randy's age starting to show? Do you think Randy was at a 100%?

I love Randy but he's far from invincible... he wins what.. like 65% of his fights? So I'm not saying he's unbeatable... but I was surprised at how off he looked last night. Or maybe Nog just looked that good???

What do you all think?
I think Randy looked as good as he did in his last few fights.
I think Nog was on, and Randy didn't have the tools to beat him.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:47 AM

Honestly Nog dominated Randy more convincingly than Brock did before the knockout.... Brock couldnt control Randy on the ground and looked like he was slowing down before he clipped Randy...... Does this mean anything in a potential nog/lesnar fight..... Nope lol its just some mmath i cooked together.