Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-30-2009, 04:50 PM
maxumII
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
How did Randy avoid Nog? I'm asking that genuinely.... not in a starting an argument way
If I remember right, Randy refused to fight him cause he felt Nog wasn't a worthy opponent. He was insistant on being murdered by Fedor, which lucky for him, never happened.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-30-2009, 05:48 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I forgot their was a UFC last night.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
leben by KO

Yeah i was ignoring that one.

Plus that was with my heart, not my head!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Plus that was with my heart, not my head!
it happens to us all
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-31-2009, 02:01 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
How did Randy avoid Nog? I'm asking that genuinely.... not in a starting an argument way
randy and nog were scheduled to fight each other in japan many years ago. there was actually a big buildup to it and nog got all prepared and then randy pulled out last minute (don't know why, but it wasn't due to injury or anything legit like that) ever since then randy kept getting offered the fight with nog but kept avoiding it to fight other people. this was when nog was in his prime and was thought to be invincible at the time. randy has always had a big problem with bigger guys and i think he was scared to fight nog because he knows nog is a bad matchup for him.

coming from randy's own mouth... he said nog's performance against mir was the first time he showed that he is slowing down. that leads me to believe that randy only took this fight because he thought he could catch nog while he was down. well, randy turned out to be wrong and nog was firing on all cylinders last night.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-31-2009, 02:15 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
randy and nog were scheduled to fight each other in japan many years ago. there was actually a big buildup to it and nog got all prepared and then randy pulled out last minute (don't know why, but it wasn't due to injury or anything legit like that) ever since then randy kept getting offered the fight with nog but kept avoiding it to fight other people. this was when nog was in his prime and was thought to be invincible at the time. randy has always had a big problem with bigger guys and i think he was scared to fight nog because he knows nog is a bad matchup for him.

coming from randy's own mouth... he said nog's performance against mir was the first time he showed that he is slowing down. that leads me to believe that randy only took this fight because he thought he could catch nog while he was down. well, randy turned out to be wrong and nog was firing on all cylinders last night.
Got it. Yeah Nog looked really good last night. Randy didn't look horrible but he didn't look great. The one thing about Randy that has always impressed me the most seemed to be missing last night and that's his strategy. He seems to always do his homework and have great strategy for every opponent. He caught Nog a few times clean, very clean and Nog walked right through it.. that surprised me.

Randy/Nog last night did look like a bad match up so if Randy were avoiding him then I can see why.

But.. styles make fights and as great as Nog looked last night I hope Dana keeps him away from Brock. I hate Brock and think he is beatable by the right guy... I just don't think Nog has the style that will beat Brock.

Thanks for explaining that to me...
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-31-2009, 03:02 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Got it. Yeah Nog looked really good last night. Randy didn't look horrible but he didn't look great. The one thing about Randy that has always impressed me the most seemed to be missing last night and that's his strategy. He seems to always do his homework and have great strategy for every opponent. He caught Nog a few times clean, very clean and Nog walked right through it.. that surprised me.

Randy/Nog last night did look like a bad match up so if Randy were avoiding him then I can see why.

But.. styles make fights and as great as Nog looked last night I hope Dana keeps him away from Brock. I hate Brock and think he is beatable by the right guy... I just don't think Nog has the style that will beat Brock.

Thanks for explaining that to me...

Yeah, but in fairness against a solid 100 percent Nog, there is no good strategy.
Mir got lucky with Nog getting sick and coming in so out of shape.
(it isn't a myth, Nog came in almost 20lbs heavier than normal)

Randy obviously couldn't trade with him,
and you saw how fast his GnP got him mounted.
So whats the plan?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-31-2009, 03:49 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Yeah, but in fairness against a solid 100 percent Nog, there is no good strategy.
Mir got lucky with Nog getting sick and coming in so out of shape.
(it isn't a myth, Nog came in almost 20lbs heavier than normal)

Randy obviously couldn't trade with him,
and you saw how fast his GnP got him mounted.
So whats the plan?
So do you think Nog is that good or is Randy's age starting to show? Do you think Randy was at a 100%?

I love Randy but he's far from invincible... he wins what.. like 65% of his fights? So I'm not saying he's unbeatable... but I was surprised at how off he looked last night. Or maybe Nog just looked that good???

What do you all think?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-31-2009, 04:32 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
So do you think Nog is that good or is Randy's age starting to show? Do you think Randy was at a 100%?

I love Randy but he's far from invincible... he wins what.. like 65% of his fights? So I'm not saying he's unbeatable... but I was surprised at how off he looked last night. Or maybe Nog just looked that good???

What do you all think?
I think Randy looked as good as he did in his last few fights.
I think Nog was on, and Randy didn't have the tools to beat him.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-31-2009, 08:47 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Honestly Nog dominated Randy more convincingly than Brock did before the knockout.... Brock couldnt control Randy on the ground and looked like he was slowing down before he clipped Randy...... Does this mean anything in a potential nog/lesnar fight..... Nope lol its just some mmath i cooked together.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.