Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-30-2009, 07:07 AM
fightpastor

Default Randy Couture Signed New Contract

Dana and Randy announced at the post fight press conference that Randy had signed a new contract for 6 more fights in the UFC. They also talked about a possible move back to light heavyweight. A Tito vs Randy rematch would be amusing.

www.fightpastor.com
Old 08-30-2009, 07:24 AM
Faith and Grace

AWESOME!!!! I felt Randy did a great job tonight but to borrow a line from Randy, Nog was just firing on all pistons tonight.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Josh

So if he fights every three months or so wouldn't that make him about 48 or so before his contract is up? That's crazy.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:39 AM

I dont think anyone should be calling for Randys retirement after tonight.... He looked in great shape thats just the best Nog weve seen in about five years...

Would like to see more fights at lhw..... Maybe the Coleman/Tito winner
Old 08-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
I dont think anyone should be calling for Randys retirement after tonight.... He looked in great shape thats just the best Nog weve seen in about five years...

Would like to see more fights at lhw..... Maybe the Coleman/Tito winner
I used to want to see him at LHW but now I think he better stay at HW. The talent is pretty good at LHW and his size disadvantage isn't as huge because of his wrestling. Granted he won't be making a run for the title but I don't really think he would be fighting Machida anytime soon unless Dana just needs a big payday. Six fights is a lot though. I don't know I am surprised.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I have a question for everyone that I want them to take very seriously.

Has Randy Couture found the same thing that allows those REALLY old Oriental Purists to fight into extreme old age...OR...is he heading for an early death by heart attack?

because its one or the other IMHO...lots of athletes eventually die of heart attacks because they have put so much strain on their hearts...but in the Orient there are tales of Grand Masters of Martial Art Dojos living and fighting into their 80s and 90s

I just wondered which one you think it is with Randy If Last night was anything to go by then noone can claim he's slowing down, yet at his age we all know he naturally should be. thats why I ask
Old 08-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Chuck

Signing a 6 fight contract and actually fighting 6 more times in the UFC are 2 different things.

I sincerely hope, and highly doubt Randy will fight 6 more times.. I'd like to see 1 or maybe 2 more.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:19 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I have a question for everyone that I want them to take very seriously.

Has Randy Couture found the same thing that allows those REALLY old Oriental Purists to fight into extreme old age...OR...is he heading for an early death by heart attack?

because its one or the other IMHO...lots of athletes eventually die of heart attacks because they have put so much strain on their hearts...but in the Orient there are tales of Grand Masters of Martial Art Dojos living and fighting into their 80s and 90s

I just wondered which one you think it is with Randy If Last night was anything to go by then noone can claim he's slowing down, yet at his age we all know he naturally should be. thats why I ask

I think Randy has indeed found a place that most people, at any age, can only dream of. When it comes to his health, one must remember Randy isnt that kind of person that eats a lot of crap but works out religiously. His diet is so fine tuned with only the simple/basic food groups that even now at 46, is healthier then most people half his age.

That said, I personally don't think Randy was at 100% last night. He showed incredible resilience but is timing was off, most notably when it came to his countering.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
That said, I personally don't think Randy was at 100% last night. He showed incredible resilience but is timing was off, most notably when it came to his countering.
Hmmm that is interesting, i felt he looked great and it was a great fight between two warriors. Nog truly showed that a rematch with Mir would be fair.

Im trying to remember if Randy was off a little on his punches, I don't know. I was just real surprised when he got swept but Nog is Nog.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Stump Rules!

I think 6 is too many to but what do we know Chuck? I think since Randy sells ( did you hear that crowd?!) Dana will keep putting him out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Signing a 6 fight contract and actually fighting 6 more times in the UFC are 2 different things.

I sincerely hope, and highly doubt Randy will fight 6 more times.. I'd like to see 1 or maybe 2 more.

http://stumpdotcom.com/