Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Why are the elections in 2010? I thought the presidential vote would be in 2012? Take it easy on me, I am canadian ...
At a guess I would say because of the way the voting works. If you think about it, the Campaigns as the votes come in will take nearly a whole year! thats 2011, and before then, surely the Candidates have to be named and begin working on a preliminary campaign so by the time they get the votes the are well known.

I suppose this means that it all probably kicks off around the fall of 2010

??
Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Crisco

You guys are insane if you think Obama will not get re-elected.

All the republicans can put forward to run is Sarah Palin and she is in my belief the main reason Mccain lost.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

All the republicans can put forward to run is Sarah Palin and she is in my belief the main reason Mccain lost.
They need to put up candidates from the Bush Administration.

Whatever happened to Colin Powell. He would have made an excellent President.

Condi Rice would have the stamina to be President...not that I would agree at all with half her policies I would imagine, but she could catch on.

Surely, they dont JUST have that strange Alaskan Woman
Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

Bobby Jindal .. he will be the saviour of America ...
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Lol Jindal is a pip squeek with dark skin. The skin being the only reason he will be considered. The repubs will want a dark face against Obama.

He is not really good at anything and doesn't have an exceptional look about him.

He doesn't have a chance. The only one to beat Obama is possibly Colin Powell but he has a Bush past and the Dems will use it against him.

Obama will go unchallenged mark my words.

9-10 of ten people still don't know his true politics so they will vote for him again because it's change they can believe in.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Why are the elections in 2010? I thought the presidential vote would be in 2012? Take it easy on me, I am canadian ...
Because in 2010, we will have the opportunity to change the Congressional Powers in the U.S. to the Republican Party. This would severely diminish Obama's policy-making power.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Because in 2010, we will have the opportunity to change the Congressional Powers in the U.S. to the Republican Party. This would severely diminish Obama's policy-making power.
You can't stop Obama.

America is the new Rome and the mob definately does rule in the end.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
You mean do a reverse of what happened to Bush when he lost control of Senate and Congress?

In other words you can make a Democratic President incharge of a Republican Senate and Congress...so that He cant do much without their consent, and force him to play his Veto everytime a vote goes against him.

Basically, Local Government. If you can make the opposition more powerful in numbers then the Government, then the opposition becomes the Government, but the President doesnt Change.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:26 PM
bradwright

Quote:
lol...thats a good one...Bobby Jindal...lol...sorry but if you are pinning your hopes on him then Obama will win a second term easily,Sara would do better.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Every two years there are elections held for Congress. I believe a lot of the Democrats in Congress are up for re-election in 2010. Those Democrats make up most of Obama's power base, so if too many of them lose their seats, then, even if Obama gets a second term, he'll be a lame duck with little influence or power.