Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-21-2009, 07:48 PM
County Mike

Default Finally! Prelims on Spike

I've been waiting for this. So much for Dana's "ticket buyers deserve to get more than PPV buyers"

Quote:
Spike TV will air a portion of the UFC pay-per-view undercard live to its audience for the first time ever, as the network presents bouts from UFC 103 in Dallas, commercial-free, live Saturday, Sept. 19 at 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT. This telecast will mark the first time the network will air a fight-card without commercial interruption.

“Providing an action-packed UFC pay-per-view, live and commercial free, to our viewers on both coasts, further illustrates Spike TV and the UFC’s commitment to its fans,” said Kevin Kay, president, Spike TV.

“The Ultimate Fighter 8” winner Efrain Escudero (12-0), an All American collegiate wrestler fighting out of Tempe, Ariz., puts his undefeated record on the line against “The Ultimate Fighter 5” alum Cole Miller (15-3). Fighting with American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Fla., Miller has won four out of five fights in the Octagon including a victory over the controversial “The Ultimate Fighter 8” Junie Browning last April.

Also on the undercard, hard-hitting veteran Drew McFedries (8-5) fighting out of Bettendorf, Iowa, is coming off an impressive TKO victory in his last fight against Xavier Foupa-Pokam. His opponent is Polish native Tomasz Drwal (16-2), training currently in San Diego who has won his last two contests in the Octagon, including a victory over Mike Ciesnolevicz in June.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:52 PM
matthughesfan21

i don't think this will happen everytime just to compete with the PBF boxing bout
Old 08-22-2009, 02:45 AM
sasquatch

That's cool. I hope they do this for every PPV.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Maldonado136

im almost positive this is just to compete with mayweather. i doubt they will do this again
Old 08-22-2009, 01:21 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
im almost positive this is just to compete with mayweather. i doubt they will do this again
Well there was scheduling to compete with Strikeforce wasn't there? So you are right. I think that this will happen again if there's an opportunity to damage the competition. I love it!

Besides Mayweather is a <expletive>
Old 08-22-2009, 04:29 PM

Ooo and no commercials! Sweet!
Old 08-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Straight Right

HDNet aired all of Affliction's undercards live so maybe the UFC will continue it past this fight. It makes sense if you draw viewers in with the prelims at least some of them are going to make that last minute PPV decision. It'll be nice to see these fights, especially if the main card doesn't live up to expectations.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:03 PM

This is great news and should get a good following and maybe catch new people just flicking through.