Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-21-2009, 04:40 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,739
Default SkiffGuards.com - my Star Wars pet project

I've been wanting to see a sight like this made for years, but no one has ever taken the time to break it down. So I figured, since Matt was gone for most of the week, I had plenty of free time to finally put this together.

http://www.skiffguards.com/index.html

The purpose of the site is to break down the Sarlacc Pit Battle, from the first half of Return of the Jedi, and to identify every single alien and background character who showed up onscreen. At some point I might move on to Jabba's Palace and identify every single creature who appears in that part of the movie as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-21-2009, 05:43 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

I've never seen a Star Wars movie ever
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Twinsmama
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've never seen a Star Wars movie either. Nate you are very talented though. I might have to rent one just to see what this Star Wars stuff is all about.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Sorry, my brain just exploded...I thought i heard you both say YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A STAR WARS MOVIE?!?!?!?!

Awesome site, Nate! I'll be sending thsi to some of my Star Wars friends.
I'm actually a little ticked that Bossk was onboard the sail barge. So he didn't even get to jump out and join the fight? that's super disappointing.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2009, 08:11 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default




Just playing. Star Wars is cool. I watched all 6.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nate you have a talent for specifics my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thats a really neat site Nate.

Man they had some characters in there didnt they . The amount of costumes on that movie must have been insane.

I heard somewhere , cant remember where . But i heard where R2D2 got his name . Anyone care to guess ?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Thats a really neat site Nate.

Man they had some characters in there didnt they . The amount of costumes on that movie must have been insane.

I heard somewhere , cant remember where . But i heard where R2D2 got his name . Anyone care to guess ?
Ok , ill answer it

I think i saw it on the extras in American Graffitti

Anyways , they said while editing or directing in American Graffitti . Lucas was always yelling "reel 2 , Dialoug 2" and he shortened it to R2D2 , and thats where his name came from . Or atleast thats what i heard , Thought it was neat , Because as we all know , American Graffitti is like 40 million times better than star wars!!!











HA HA HA
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-22-2009, 03:02 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

I said no such thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Sorry, my brain just exploded...I thought i heard you both say YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A STAR WARS MOVIE?!?!?!?!
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-22-2009, 03:03 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

Sheesh! You didnt even give me a chance! I'd have guessed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Ok , ill answer it

I think i saw it on the extras in American Graffitti

Anyways , they said while editing or directing in American Graffitti . Lucas was always yelling "reel 2 , Dialoug 2" and he shortened it to R2D2 , and thats where his name came from . Or atleast thats what i heard , Thought it was neat , Because as we all know , American Graffitti is like 40 million times better than star wars!!!











HA HA HA
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.