Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 09-10-2009, 08:33 PM
billwilliams70

In the words of Cro Cop....'I don't know'.

Later.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

Well, turns out she is a hermaphrodyte ... she has internal male testes ... they haven't stripped her for cheating and haven't yet decided what to do ....
Old 09-19-2009, 05:24 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,552466,00.html

Quote:
South Africa’s athletics authority carried out gender tests on the runner Caster Semenya before she traveled to Berlin last month, establishing that she had internal testes but withholding the findings.

According to e-mail exchanges published yesterday, officials at Athletics South Africa (ASA) were aware that a Pretoria clinic had found that Semenya had internal testes and produced abnormal amounts of testosterone for a woman. The matter was raised by Harold Adams, the ASA’s chief medical officer and team doctor, the Mail & Guardian newspaper reported.

Adams suggested that the ASA carry out tests on Semenya, 18, because of her deep voice, muscular body and facial hair in case her gender became a subject of controversy at the world championships. She went on to win gold in the 800 meters.

One advised Adams to begin his own gender tests on Semenya on August 5, ten days before the world championships. It appears that Semenya underwent the tests shortly thereafter.

However, before he had received the clinical report from the Pretoria clinic Adams appears to have suggested keeping the results confidential until the South African team were in Berlin, and only once there to consider what to do about “these issues if they come up.”
Old 09-20-2009, 05:32 AM
Stump Rules!

I don't know what to think of this.I feel sorry for he/she.How messed up

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I don't know what to think of this.I feel sorry for he/she.How messed up
I agree. It appears that the athlete was not aware of the condition and did not do anything to cheat; although, apparently, South Africa did know before the meet and didn't report it. All previous victories will likely be contested and the whole world knows the person's medical history. It is a sad situation.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Crisco

Been no update on it for awhile... anyone know anything new?
Old 10-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Well usually the way they decide the sex of a human with characteristics of both genders, is by saying which sex organs work. I presume the male organs she has dont actually work. Therefore the female probably do, ergo she has classed herself as a female and with genetics to support either...I presume XXY she is BOTH male AND Female. XX=female XY=male
Old 10-25-2009, 01:50 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well usually the way they decide the sex of a human with characteristics of both genders, is by saying which sex organs work. I presume the male organs she has dont actually work. Therefore the female probably do, ergo she has classed herself as a female and with genetics to support either...I presume XXY she is BOTH male AND Female. XX=female XY=male
Actually, being XXY does not make you a hermaphrodite. Someone who is XXY is a male with Klinefelter's Syndrome. He has the primary sexual characteristics of a man (twig & berries), but the secondary sexual characteristics of a woman (hooters, wide hips, etc.).
Old 10-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Actually, being XXY does not make you a hermaphrodite. Someone who is XXY is a male with Klinefelter's Syndrome. He has the primary sexual characteristics of a man (twig & berries), but the secondary sexual characteristics of a woman (hooters, wide hips, etc.).
so is it XXXY
Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Crisco

That dudes a chick!