Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 08-21-2009, 02:16 AM

Default Male or Female?

Quote:
A female runner accused of being a man tonight took gold in the 800m World Athletics Championship.

South African Caster Semenya, 18, had to take a gender test after doubts were raised about her sex.

But despite the furore, she easily took gold in the final in Berlin.

The teenage sensation has sparked controversy over her strikingly muscular physique.

Today officials at the world athletics body, the IAAF, revealed that it ordered her to take a gender test three weeks ago.

IAAF spokesman Nick Davies confirmed the tests were taking place, though he said the results would not be confirmed for several weeks.

Until the results are confirmed, there was nothing to prevent Semenya from competing in tonight's final, he said.

He added: 'At this moment in time we do not have any evidence to stop her running.'

South African athletics chiefs furiously denied the claims and stated Semenya was definitely female.

Molatelo Malehopo, general manager of Athletics South Africa, said: 'She is a female. We are completely sure about that and we wouldn't have entered her into the female competition if we had any doubts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0OmP9W1M2

Old 08-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Stump Rules!

Hey look, it's Cyborg's black sister

(just kidding)

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-21-2009, 02:37 AM

She could pass for a guy. Let's ask the experts: Chuck and Mike are those boobs or just muscles?

Old 08-21-2009, 03:44 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

She could pass for a guy. Let's ask the experts: Chuck and Mike are those boobs or just muscles?

what boobs, i sure as hell can't see any....thats a man, maybe post op, if that is truly a woman, she has been injected with ungodly amounts of testosterone
Old 08-21-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
what boobs, i sure as hell can't see any....thats a man, maybe post op, if that is truly a woman, she has been injected with ungodly amounts of testosterone
If that's the case, man or woman, it's not working downstairs. Or is that just to grow a beard and chest hair?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:53 AM
County Mike

That's a man baby!

How the heck does it take weeks to determine if it's a man or woman? Penis/Vagina ?
Old 08-21-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike

That's a man baby!

How the heck does it take weeks to determine if it's a man or woman? Penis/Vagina ?
That's what my husband said. Just peek!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:07 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
If that's the case, man or woman, it's not working downstairs. Or is that just to grow a beard and chest hair?
could have done the ole' tuck or tape
Old 08-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Twinsmama

I read in one article they are making her have genetic tests to determine she has female DNA and part of her test include a gyno visit. you would think a gyno would be able to tell right away....

she does look very manly though. do they test for growth hormones and stuff on these runners?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
I read in one article they are making her have genetic tests to determine she has female DNA and part of her test include a gyno visit. you would think a gyno would be able to tell right away....

she does look very manly though. do they test for growth hormones and stuff on these runners?

You can't always tell from looking. There are several conditions with ambiguous genitalia. This person could have girl parts AND boy parts but the boy parts are hidden and almost completely undeveloped. Or this person could have all girl parts and still have XY chromosomes instead of XX. It's not unheard of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swyer_syndrome (This kind of explains some of it.)

~Amy

My son made this for me:

Last edited by TexasRN; 08-21-2009 at 03:42 PM.