Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-21-2009, 04:23 AM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
Two wrongs don't make a right...yes?

Who else should fight Lesnar? I'd rather Brock fight ASAP then be shelved waiting for a Carwin vs Cain winner.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:28 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride
Just wanted to know the reason behind giving Shane Carwin a HW title shot? I saw a point to Shane vs Cain getting a title shot since they are both undefeated. But why just up and give Shane the fight?

Shane has won three fights in the UFC, his other fights were on much smaller promotions. What's he done, who's he beat (Besides Gonzaga), of notable status to deserve a fight against the Champ?
AS got a shot after beating just Leben.
That seemed to work out just fine.

O_o
Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Who else should fight Lesnar? I'd rather Brock fight ASAP then be shelved waiting for a Carwin vs Cain winner.
I think the UFC wanted Brock to fight 2x this year and so did Brock,so this made somewhat sence. I don't like these long layoff for a champion to defend the their belt,so I like this idea for sure.
Far as Carwin I guess hes the next logical choice and probably the most interesting matchup for Brock. GG lost,Kongo lost,Mir is still recovering,HH not a chance,Randy/Nog tied up,CC/Des Santos tied-up so not much else to choose from. Cain I guess they weren't impressed or something,though I wouldn't been upset if they gave him the shot..
Old 08-21-2009, 07:47 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I really have no idea who the Title shot should go to! I personally don't remember seeing Carwin fight but that's probably cause I can't afford the PPV! If he was on regular TV I probably would have seen him. I'm saying all that to basically say I don't really know how good he is or if he deserves a shot or not. If not I don't know who else. If he wins fair and square though I will figure he probably earned the Title! My main thought on title fights is who ever Wins (Barring a lucky punch like Serra) probably earned it!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Fedor. Ain't he in the UFC?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
Fedor. Ain't he in the UFC?

is that sarcasm????

edor is with strikeforce now apparently. Dana did all he could to sign, except a BS condition of co promotion, which I cant blame him, I would not let those wannabes sponge of something I ad spent years building either
Old 08-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
is that sarcasm????

edor is with strikeforce now apparently. Dana did all he could to sign, except a BS condition of co promotion, which I cant blame him, I would not let those wannabes sponge of something I ad spent years building either
with edor not in the UFC I'm barely hanging on to the edhe of my seat

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
rearnakedchoke

I think this is a great match-up ... Brock is a beast, we all know that and Carwin is a KO machine ... we already know there is no rhyme or reason when it comes to the UFC handing out title shots ... and who else are they going to give brock right now .. if you wait for the cain/carwin winner, brock will be stewing .. so do it now .. brock is a rating magnet, so it is not good business sense to have him sitting .. dana is gonna make him fight every couple of months ... so if whoever wins that fight will have the winner of cain/rothwell or nog/couture lined up ... depending on who wins each fight ...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 PM

The HW division just isn't that stacked where you can consider 3-4 guys worthy anymore.... Why not Carwin? I'd like to see what he can do against Big Mouth...
Old 08-21-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
is that sarcasm????

Whatever... they could co-promote a one fight deal, and if Fedor wins, continue that deal. If Dana is soooo SURE that the UFC fighters are better, that would end up being a one fight co promote show, right?

He knows Fedor will wreck anyone in the UFC.