Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-06-2009, 12:17 PM
TheConcretekid

Default It never ends... BJ calls out GSP for a rematch

Bloodyelbow has the transcript from BJs Blog:

Quote:
For the past several days I have been reading statements made by St. Pierre and Greg Jackson about our fight on January 31. St. Pierre claims that he is "not a cheater" and that he and Greg Jackson will have "no problem with a rematch in the summer of 2009." To the untrained eye the grease might not look like much, but every grappler knows the effect that it has. Being able to apply your submissions and sweeps or just being able to hold on to your opponent to defend yourself from being hit is absolutely critical! There is a reason why you are not allowed to put grease anywhere on your body except for the area around your eyes. Because of the grease applied to St.Pierre’s Body the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s executive director, Keith Kizer has stated that the Penn-St. Pierre fight "definitely wasn’t fair". I hereby accept George St. Pierre and Greg Jackson’s challenge for a fight in the summer 2009. Lets call Dana now and set it up.

So what does Dana do? "Summer of 09" may mean "July of 09" or UFC 100.
BJ vs. GSP worked pretty well to bring people in once, will it work again?
Can BJ's body take another 5 round beating?
Should the WW and LW divisions get put on hold until these guys settle this?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:45 PM
rearnakedchoke

i don't see dana putting this on .... so let bj fght klo and gsp fight alves and we will see what he does .... bj would get an even worse beating this time so i would pay for this ppv no matter the price ...
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
KevinD

I never used to like BJ much, but I must say, I am starting to really like him. I think a rematch down the road would be good. I wouldn't want to see this in the summer, rather more like a New Years card. Let GSP fight Alves and let BJ fight Kenny. Then after that let the talk of a rematch begin.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

This is ridiculous. Vaseline or not, BJ is going to get his ass kicked again. He belongs in the LW division.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
TDPARKASH

Let's do it, A lot of people have been on GSP lately. Even here on this forum, he manned up and called for a re-match. BJ accepted it, let's do it.

What's the problem here guys? There will be no contreviosry this time around, and we will definitely know if GSP will be at the top of the heat in this division.

Let's get some closure to this never ending topic.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:03 PM
billythekid2000

There will still be controvsersy. GSP will come in with no vaseline on his body, checked by officials, conrnermen scrutinized, and BJ will still say GSP felt greasy, or some other excuse, maybe GSP is on roids.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
KevinD

I think the comission should keep some sample of GSP's blood so that in 5 or 6 years from now when the substance he MAY be on is actually known and a test is developed to detect it we will have a definitive answer.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:24 PM
billwilliams70

I say, when each of them have their respective title defenses.....they should be given the opportunity to fight again.

Later.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

It's a bunch of crap. GSP is going to kick BJ's ass again. BJ should fight KenFlo so he can say KenFlo is greasy.

Alves should get his shot at GSP. Perhaps there can be a condition with this fight - GSP can wear Vaseline if Alves fails to make weight or uses diuretics to make weight.

Last edited by rockdawg21; 02-06-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:46 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70
I say, when each of them have their respective title defenses.....they should be given the opportunity to fight again.

Later.
Agreed. Let the defend their titles and then lets see about a rematch at the end of the year.
Though I'd rather each of them just move on and do their own thing. This 'Grease-Gate' is already getting old and if they do a rematch then this continues on.