Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Maldonado136

Default NSAC approves 5 round non-title bouts for superfights

http://twitter.com/MMAWeeklycom

this is great!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:54 AM

"superfight "is pretty relative, i would like to see the definition. If you are fighting on a main card in the ufc should it be considered a superfight? would you rather see five fights with three rounds or three fights with five rounds?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:14 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt
"superfight "is pretty relative, i would like to see the definition. If you are fighting on a main card in the ufc should it be considered a superfight? would you rather see five fights with three rounds or three fights with five rounds?
i'd interpret superfights as, anderson v. forrest...chuck v wandy...wandy v. rampage.....big time fights, i think it might be at the ufc's discretion
Old 08-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt

5 fights at 3 each..
If you have a catch weight fight.. and they are both title holders... then sure.. but Anderson vs Forrest type fight... nah.. keep it short.. and furious..
Old 08-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Crisco

This is a good rule. Like Rampage and Rashad should most likely be 5 rounds in my opinion. And Couture and Nog should be five rounds also.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:57 PM
County Mike

Just because it's scheduled for 5 rounds doesn't mean it will last that long. I like the rule. If a good fight goes the full 3 rounds, I'd much rather see two more with a chance for someone to finish it. Puts fewer of the BIG fights into the judges hands and makes stamina more important.