Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-16-2009, 04:14 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Brocky Boy

Man.. I wish I could get behind him..

He is HUGE.... got some skills... and getting better.. but his attitude, and a champ at 5 fights... I just can't get behind him...

The thing is.. he's so big.. and weighs so much.. he doesn't have to be great.. just good.. and he is good.. :(
Old 08-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Chuck

Interesting thread.... you bored brother???

I will always have a hard time getting behind a fighter who owes his victories to genetics more then skill and technique.

I don't hate Brock... but I sure don't love him either....

He's like a warm bowl of soup... pretty useless but better then nothing....
Old 08-16-2009, 04:43 AM
clm12704

I was saying this tonight to my boy. I wish I could like him, but I just absolutely cannot stand him.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Not bored.. just a free night.. Wife is out with friends.. "romance party".... whatever that is... bunch of women talking about their guys...

and the kids are at a friends house...

First time I have been alone in my house in months....

so.. a few drinks... watching TV and surfing on the laptop....
Old 08-16-2009, 04:52 PM
que

i don't like him and i don't wish i could like him. he's ugly, obnoxious, annoying and just plain nasty. he's the only "champion" in the world who has ever talked crap to his opponent after handling him, dissed one of UFC's sponsor's, talked about screwing his wife, and flipped off the crowd all in the timespan of 2 minutes. this guy is no champion he's a piece of sh*t.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i don't like him and i don't wish i could like him. he's ugly, obnoxious, annoying and just plain nasty. he's the only "champion" in the world who has ever talked crap to his opponent after handling him, dissed one of UFC's sponsor's, talked about screwing his wife, and flipped off the crowd all in the timespan of 2 minutes. this guy is no champion he's a piece of sh*t.

Well I wouldnt have used those precise words. But suffice to say, I dont much like Brock. He should have stayed a Professional Wrestler IMHO.

GOD save us if he inspires Kurt Angle
Old 08-17-2009, 04:46 PM
StizzoFoShizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Well I wouldnt have used those precise words. But suffice to say, I dont much like Brock. He should have stayed a Professional Wrestler IMHO.

GOD save us if he inspires Kurt Angle
LoL, maybe not Kurt Angle, but there has been rumors of Dana scouting Bobby Lashley.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
LoL, maybe not Kurt Angle, but there has been rumors of Dana scouting Bobby Lashley.
Lashley I'm not to worried about. Small Scale Professional Wrestlers even in the Premier wont carry the same stigma because they will not be fastracked by the UFC.

I have no problem with a small Pro-Wrestler who has had a reasonable to good run in the WWE or TNA Promotions, and who wishes to train and will be forced to work their way up through small shows fighting true competitors rather then cans, and who may be put through TUF. If they make it, and then do well, get themself a good record and eventually contend and maybe capture gold...then fair play to them.

What I dislike is a large and well know Professional Wrestler switching to MMA, being hyped up, being fast tracked...and making a mockery of the sport IMHO. We dont want Kurt Angle, We dont want Dwayne Johnson, and we dont want Brock Lesnar...dispite the fact that they all have true sporting history outside of Professional Wrestling, and two out of three in a combat sport.

They carry a stigma. Its unfair to them, its unfair to us in the long run. They are good at what they do in Professional Wrestling, they are athletes even though their sport is not a sport but an artform. But they shouldnt be flocking to Mixed Martial Arts IMHO
Old 08-20-2009, 03:03 AM
Via Con Dios

Really, the Brock Lesnar UFC career has been a bit of a slap in the face of the cognisant MMA fan.

being trusted into title contention after one win in your professional fighting career seems very strange. The fact is that he is given title contention on a silver platter because he is hugely marketable, like him or not.

to me, the most dissapointing aspect of the Brock Lesnar saga is the fact that he was given a title shot while there was an active Interim champ. it was my understanding that the Interim belt is created when a champion cannot compete for whatever reason and that once the champion is again able to compete they must first face the Interim champion. correct me if i'm wrong. how did Nog get the short end of that stick? shouldn't we have watched Nogiera Coture months ago?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:53 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Lashley I'm not to worried about. Small Scale Professional Wrestlers even in the Premier wont carry the same stigma because they will not be fastracked by the UFC.

I have no problem with a small Pro-Wrestler who has had a reasonable to good run in the WWE or TNA Promotions, and who wishes to train and will be forced to work their way up through small shows fighting true competitors rather then cans, and who may be put through TUF. If they make it, and then do well, get themself a good record and eventually contend and maybe capture gold...then fair play to them.

What I dislike is a large and well know Professional Wrestler switching to MMA, being hyped up, being fast tracked...and making a mockery of the sport IMHO. We dont want Kurt Angle, We dont want Dwayne Johnson, and we dont want Brock Lesnar...dispite the fact that they all have true sporting history outside of Professional Wrestling, and two out of three in a combat sport.

They carry a stigma. Its unfair to them, its unfair to us in the long run. They are good at what they do in Professional Wrestling, they are athletes even though their sport is not a sport but an artform. But they shouldnt be flocking to Mixed Martial Arts IMHO

And that I believe is a large part of why Brock gets so angry! So many Folks that think they are MMA purist was against him from the very beginning. If he was a failure at wwe or lost all his fights he wouldn't get so much hatred and resentment. Its as if Folks are afraid the fake Wrestler will turn out to have legit skill's. By the way you do know alot of MMA fighters have worked for the fake Wrestling? What some folks seem to think is if you ever done anything other than MMA you shouldn't be allowed in it! If they got the skill's and win it fair and square it ain't right to resent them because of their previous job! As long as their previous job wasn't immoral or illegal. As for Bobby Lashley I think he also has a Military background!