Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
cds
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I'm no expert, but I do know that it's impossible for them to test for everything. And there are likely many substances out there that the Athletic Commissions don't even know exist, much less have a test for.

According to one of GOAT's posts, there are some steroids that could be out of your system within 48 hours.
By that logic NateR everyone is on drugs because the tests are no longer relevant.....and again it becomes a mute point.

Dont get me wrong, I agree in regards to drug testing and its accuracy, but you cant accuse one person without accusing everyone due to the inherent problems associated with drug testing.

Ultimately its a double edged sword which ends up cutting everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
foggy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yes, and we also can't be sure that GSP and his "witch doctor" didn't summon the spirits of thousands of deceased Roman Gladiators to aid him in his previous two victories against Hughes.

That's not in the NSAC's rulebooks, BUT IT SHOULD BE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-05-2009, 04:29 PM
foggy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds
By that logic NateR everyone is on drugs because the tests are no longer relevant.....and again it becomes a mute point.

Dont get me wrong, I agree in regards to drug testing and its accuracy, but you cant accuse one person without accusing everyone due to the inherent problems associated with drug testing.

Ultimately its a double edged sword which ends up cutting everyone.
No... everyone is guilty except Matt.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
jason2130
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

found this as the fighter requirments/rules for general fighting events

KICK International Official Amateur MMA Rules and Regulations

FIGHTERS CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
Fighters are required to wear an approved protective groin cup during all matches.
Fighters are required to wear an approved mouthpiece at all times while the bout is in progress.
Fighters are not allowed to wear any shoes of any type.
Fighters may tape their wrists and hands but not over their knuckles. Wraps are not allowed; only tape and gauze will
be allowed. Handwraps are not allowed. Fighter handwraps must be "SIGNED OFF" by the event representative
PRIOR to the beginning of their bout.
Fighters may not place oil upon any part of the competitor's body.
Fighter’s fingernails and toenails must be cut and trimmed prior to any bout.

there multiple pages of other stuff, but thats the part with oiled up on it
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy
No... everyone is guilty except Matt.

You see it's stuff like this that makes the GSP fans seems so pathetic. Nowhere did I ever claim that all MMA fighters, except Matt, are on steroids. That's just stupidity.

So, stop with the straw man arguments and argue what I actually say. Don't manipulate my words to represent a bizarre parody of my viewpoint in order to make it easier for you to shoot that false viewpoint down. That's not the intelligent way to win an argument.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-05-2009, 04:52 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I asked this question on another thread:

Has Fitch or Kos come forward verifying the same thing as other WW's?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-05-2009, 04:52 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Nowhere did I ever claim that all MMA fighters, except Matt, are on steroids.That's just stupidity.

your right Nate,,just the ones you dont like.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
your right Nate,,just the ones you dont like.
Again, stupidity. I don't like BJ Penn at all, or Matt Serra, but I have never once claimed that they are on steroids.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Champ2be
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Again, stupidity. I don't like BJ Penn at all, or Matt Serra, but I have never once claimed that they are on steroids.
Serra could use use some HGH though to gain a few inches,lol.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
Serra could use use some HGH though to gain a few inches,lol.
Maybe he just needs Extenze.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.