Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Yes I could...and THATS the dissapointment. He DID work so hard to get to the title, and the same the second time...and then his whole ethic seems to have changed.

Now he injures himself if it will help him long term, and yes, too many to be cooincodence. Now he will cheat to avoid the shame of losing, because it would mean he'd have to put the work in a second time just like before.

I want the old GSP back the one who always tried their best, wasnt afraid to fail, and if they did so, would work and strive until the management are forced to grant another chance.

Getting to the title to soon ruined him...I told everyone it would. I told everyone that the best thing for GSP during Hughes/GSP 2 would have been to go the distance and lose by decision, to prove that whilst this time again he could beat Hughes, he could, this time, hang with and last to the end. It would be an achievement, and one in which with more work he would then succeed and it would have been a legacy in GETTING to the Belt before a Reign, he would have understood that there are no short cuts, and that life only gets harder WITH the belt then without.

But seeing the goal in sight he rushed, he cut corners, and he should have been more careful what he wished for. It came to soon and he cracked in the head, and made a mockery by losing to someone he should have smushed. He might have bounced back, and he might have beaten Hughes in his area of strength during Hughes/GSP3, and he might have beaten Serra again. But its changed him. There is now no legacy of getting the belt, and he's not finishing the people at championship level, and then he cheats on a title unification match.

Silly Boy!
dude, do you honestly believe what you are writing, or do you write fantasy novels in your spare time and sometimes don't make the switch back to reality when you come on these forums??? his work ethic has never wavered, he got injured twice having to move a fight once for the second hughes fight and once for the first serra fight ... that is just how hard he trains ... it happens ...
Old 08-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Yes I could...and THATS the dissapointment. He DID work so hard to get to the title, and the same the second time...and then his whole ethic seems to have changed.

Now he injures himself if it will help him long term, and yes, too many to be cooincodence. Now he will cheat to avoid the shame of losing, because it would mean he'd have to put the work in a second time just like before.

I want the old GSP back the one who always tried their best, wasnt afraid to fail, and if they did so, would work and strive until the management are forced to grant another chance.
Getting to the title to soon ruined him...I told everyone it would. I told everyone that the best thing for GSP during Hughes/GSP 2 would have been to go the distance and lose by decision, to prove that whilst this time again he could beat Hughes, he could, this time, hang with and last to the end. It would be an achievement, and one in which with more work he would then succeed and it would have been a legacy in GETTING to the Belt before a Reign, he would have understood that there are no short cuts, and that life only gets harder WITH the belt then without.

But seeing the goal in sight he rushed, he cut corners, and he should have been more careful what he wished for. It came to soon and he cracked in the head, and made a mockery by losing to someone he should have smushed. He might have bounced back, and he might have beaten Hughes in his area of strength during Hughes/GSP3, and he might have beaten Serra again. But its changed him. There is now no legacy of getting the belt, and he's not finishing the people at championship level, and then he cheats on a title unification match.

Silly Boy!
I like you alot dave but I agree with Mike.

Your out of your mind mate.

GSP hasn't failed since losing to Matt Serra and his work ethic hasn't wavered one damn bit.

GSP has completely picked apart and dominated EVERYONE he has fought within the last 2-3 years with the exception of Matt Serra who he later completely demolished.

Anyuone who questions his abilities is crazy. You don't get considered top 3 P4P if your not amazing at what you do.

Sorry Dave you are wayyy off base here buddy you should re-read your post and then think hard on who exactly you are typng your message about cuz it's definately not gsp.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Yeah. It ruined him. That's why he's the current champ.

I like you Dave, but I swear you might be one of the most delusioned character's I've ever encountered.
It takes more then a belt to be a "champ" Mike. That the whole issue. "Champs" dont Cheat, "Champs" dont cut corners in work ethic.

If you think that a Belt is what makes a "Champ" then I hope you feel the same way about BJ Penn, and Matt Serra, since they both have the belt in the Welterweight Division also.

If you just want to go on the belt, then technically you are right, but to me, thats only half of what makes a "Champ" Yeah so he has the skills to do it...well...even there, he's not alone is he.

I wish Matt Hughes were still reigning
Old 08-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
dude, do you honestly believe what you are writing, or do you write fantasy novels in your spare time and sometimes don't make the switch back to reality when you come on these forums??? his work ethic has never wavered, he got injured twice having to move a fight once for the second hughes fight and once for the first serra fight ... that is just how hard he trains ... it happens ...
Really?...how convienient for his career.

Sorry, Twice in such swift succession where its a circumstantial better place to be then fighting, I dont buy it....anymore then I buy that he innocently had no knowledge of any greasing.

Its cutting corners...to SAVE on the ammount of work...thats not a brilliant work ethic.

At least Im logical and dont just spout propergandar...ah yes, GSP is on another level and training in unhuman proportions hence why he has accidents so bloody often. Pull the other one, its got bells on it.

But then I can understand you wanting to be behind a fellow countryman
Old 08-25-2009, 05:11 PM
County Mike

Dave,
I could probably be the man that you want me to be. However, I'd rather be the man that I want to be. I'm guessing GSP feels the same way.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Really?...how convienient for his career.

Sorry, Twice in such swift succession where its a circumstantial better place to be then fighting, I dont buy it....anymore then I buy that he innocently had no knowledge of any greasing.

Its cutting corners...to SAVE on the ammount of work...thats not a brilliant work ethic.

At least Im logical and dont just spout propergandar...ah yes, GSP is on another level and training in unhuman proportions hence why he has accidents so bloody often. Pull the other one, its got bells on it.

But then I can understand you wanting to be behind a fellow countryman
no .. the first against matt, he was begging for a title shot after every win practically ... then he is told he will get a shot, only to say, no you have to fight BJ penn first ... beats BJ, gets the shot and then says, nah, i will sit this one out, even though i have been asking for it for years ... don't think so ... why fight the most dominant fighter ever when you are not 100% ... then in the matt serra fight, don't have much info on that .. but why pull out of a fight with a guy you are supposed to beat??? doesn't make sense again ... i really don't know what you mean by cutting corners .. everyone he has fought with the exception of a few have been ranked in the world top 10 at the time they fought .. he has fought everyone the UFC has placed in front of him and hasn't lost a round in his last five fights ... so i don't know what corners he cuts ...
Old 08-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Dave,
I could probably be the man that you want me to be. However, I'd rather be the man that I want to be. I'm guessing GSP feels the same way.
I dont want you to be anything in particular. I'm just saying how I see things. I dont mind whether you like him, give him the benefit of the doubt, and hail him as a "champ" or not.

If you have a problem with me saying otherwise, a view to which I admit to attestin, then the issue is yours, not mine
Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
no .. the first against matt, he was begging for a title shot after every win practically ... then he is told he will get a shot, only to say, no you have to fight BJ penn first ... beats BJ, gets the shot and then says, nah, i will sit this one out, even though i have been asking for it for years ... don't think so ... why fight the most dominant fighter ever when you are not 100%

... then in the matt serra fight, don't have much info on that .. but why pull out of a fight with a guy you are supposed to beat???
Because, BJ Penn can beat Hughes, and GSP didnt know if he could....but he knew he could beat Penn again. So Let Penn fight Hughes and hope that Penn wins...that would make gaining the title a lot more straight forward Its nothing short of an out of ring game plan to caputure the title with less effort.

Pulling out of Serra is more about Mental issues after getting the title, he didnt seem to do well with the mental pressure its a weakness in him.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Because, BJ Penn can beat Hughes, and GSP didnt know if he could....but he knew he could beat Penn again. So Let Penn fight Hughes and hope that Penn wins...that would make gaining the title a lot more straight forward Its nothing short of an out of ring game plan to caputure the title with less effort.

Pulling out of Serra is more about Mental issues after getting the title, he didnt seem to do well with the mental pressure its a weakness in him.

David that is quite the stretch sir.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
David that is quite the stretch sir.
maybe it was just a lucky cooincodence...or maybe it wasnt luck at all