Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
TRANSLATION: So since I don't like GSP I'll ignore the facts and substitute my own conspiracy... I mean reality.
I like GSP, I just found him a bit of a dissapointment.

I call it how I see it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-24-2009, 06:22 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I like GSP, I just found him a bit of a dissapointment.

I call it how I see it.
if you truly find GSP to be a bit of a disappointment like you say then you must be disappointed a whole lot pretty much all the time with everything you encounter in your life Dave.

oh yeah one more thing....you say you like GSP ?.........i thought lying was a sin Dave.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
if you truly find GSP to be a bit of a disappointment like you say then you must be disappointed a whole lot pretty much all the time with everything you encounter in your life Dave.

oh yeah one more thing....you say you like GSP ?.........i thought lying was a sin Dave.
I find his character a dissapointment, I think his standard of perfomance is excellent, it only needs to be enhanced by avoiding the groin kicks, geasing, and the ammount of wellplaced accidents, and possibly he needs to be able to finish a few more.

With some things, I try not to set expectations at all, that way I know I CANT be dissapointed.

As for lying. I am not. Before your time, I heralded Georges as the person to succeed Hughes AFTER Hughes retired. I was impressed by the fact he worked, and got knocked back, and then worked again. I was not only pleased with him, I supported him, even during GSP/Penn1

but when he started cutting corners following that bout...Yeah I went right off him...that was the dissapointment, that his work ethic and character, were not as good as I thought...and he's only got WORSE since then!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-24-2009, 06:39 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I find his character a dissapointment, I think his standard of perfomance is excellent, it only needs to be enhanced by avoiding the groin kicks, geasing, and the ammount of wellplaced accidents, and possibly he needs to be able to finish a few more.

With some things, I try not to set expectations at all, that way I know I CANT be dissapointed.

As for lying. I am not. Before your time, I heralded Georges as the person to succeed Hughes AFTER Hughes retired. I was impressed by the fact he worked, and got knocked back, and then worked again. I was not only pleased with him, I supported him, even during GSP/Penn1

but when he started cutting corners following that bout...Yeah I went right off him...that was the dissapointment, that his work ethic and character, were not as good as I thought...and he's only got WORSE since then!

you know as well as i do that you will not be penalized for a kick to the groin until you have either reached 2 in a round or three for the entire fight so it looks to me like the first one isn't against ther rules.

and as far as geasing go's i looked over the rules very carefully and no where does it say anything about not being able to be geasing ( what ever that is ) during a fight.....so there.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-24-2009, 09:44 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright

and as far as geasing go's i looked over the rules very carefully and no where does it say anything about not being able to be geasing ( what ever that is ) during a fight.....so there.
then why did dana white say 10 million times that it was *f*cking illegal* what his corner did to him, and also said the guy who did it should be banned from cornering anyone again? and why did the athletic commission say it was illegal and why did they try to wipe it off GSP's body right after it was applied? and why would the NSAC institute the "BJ Penn Rule" which all started because of the penn vs GSP II fight? why would they do all that if it was legal? sorry, but i trust the president of the UFC and the athletic commission over some random guy on the internet. it's ridiculous to claim that he did not break any rules at this point. sorry, but GSP cheated.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
then why did dana white say 10 million times that it was *f*cking illegal* what his corner did to him, and also said the guy who did it should be banned from cornering anyone again? and why did the athletic commission say it was illegal and why did they try to wipe it off GSP's body right after it was applied? and why would the NSAC institute the "BJ Penn Rule" which all started because of the penn vs GSP II fight? why would they do all that if it was legal? sorry, but i trust the president of the UFC and the athletic commission over some random guy on the internet. it's ridiculous to claim that he did not break any rules at this point. sorry, but GSP cheated.

your hate for GSP is amazing..lol...why dont you go back and read my post a little more carefully.
some random guy from the Internet,wow.your too funny.

oh yeah..while your at it go back and read YOUR post and tell me why would they institute a rule against greasing if that rule already existed ?

Last edited by bradwright; 08-24-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-25-2009, 12:50 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I find his character a dissapointment, I think his standard of perfomance is excellent, it only needs to be enhanced by avoiding the groin kicks, geasing, and the ammount of wellplaced accidents, and possibly he needs to be able to finish a few more.

With some things, I try not to set expectations at all, that way I know I CANT be dissapointed.

As for lying. I am not. Before your time, I heralded Georges as the person to succeed Hughes AFTER Hughes retired. I was impressed by the fact he worked, and got knocked back, and then worked again. I was not only pleased with him, I supported him, even during GSP/Penn1

but when he started cutting corners following that bout...Yeah I went right off him...that was the dissapointment, that his work ethic and character, were not as good as I thought...and he's only got WORSE since then!

i stand corrected about the lying thing i suppose but not even you could possibly bring GSPs work ethic into question......but feel free to imply that his character is a little suspect,but then again when you bring the possibility of a big payday into the mix i think a lot of really good people just might bend a few rules to gain an advantage....and if you need me to tell you who some of them are then you dont watch nearly as much MMA as you let on you do.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
then why did dana white say 10 million times that it was *f*cking illegal* what his corner did to him, and also said the guy who did it should be banned from cornering anyone again? and why did the athletic commission say it was illegal and why did they try to wipe it off GSP's body right after it was applied? and why would the NSAC institute the "BJ Penn Rule" which all started because of the penn vs GSP II fight? why would they do all that if it was legal? sorry, but i trust the president of the UFC and the athletic commission over some random guy on the internet. it's ridiculous to claim that he did not break any rules at this point. sorry, but GSP cheated.
Dana was wrong.... I'm a huge DW fan bro but in this case he was just mistaken... it's not the first time.... probably wont be the last.

Same goes with the NSAC guys in the Octagon. It's not the first time a rule has been misinterpreted.

A few people on here posted the rule during that whole fiasco and I don't wish to stir that pot up again but I believe the old rule didn't say "grease" was illegal... that's the whole reason for a new rule. IF the old rule said what GSP did was wrong not only would he have been punished but there would be no need for a new rule.

And for the record... I still think the BJ folks blew this WAY out of proportion. Phil is guilty of being careless but I've never believed it was an intentional act to gain an advantage nor have I ever believed it impacted the fight in any way. There is video of other fighters having the same thing happen as well as fighters like AS putting their hands directly on their body with vaseline on them and nobody makes an issue about it. It's just BJ fans and GSP haters looking for a reason to wimper.....

IMO anyway
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
but not even you could possibly bring GSPs work ethic into question.......
Yes I could...and THATS the dissapointment. He DID work so hard to get to the title, and the same the second time...and then his whole ethic seems to have changed.

Now he injures himself if it will help him long term, and yes, too many to be cooincodence. Now he will cheat to avoid the shame of losing, because it would mean he'd have to put the work in a second time just like before.

I want the old GSP back the one who always tried their best, wasnt afraid to fail, and if they did so, would work and strive until the management are forced to grant another chance.

Getting to the title to soon ruined him...I told everyone it would. I told everyone that the best thing for GSP during Hughes/GSP 2 would have been to go the distance and lose by decision, to prove that whilst this time again he could beat Hughes, he could, this time, hang with and last to the end. It would be an achievement, and one in which with more work he would then succeed and it would have been a legacy in GETTING to the Belt before a Reign, he would have understood that there are no short cuts, and that life only gets harder WITH the belt then without.

But seeing the goal in sight he rushed, he cut corners, and he should have been more careful what he wished for. It came to soon and he cracked in the head, and made a mockery by losing to someone he should have smushed. He might have bounced back, and he might have beaten Hughes in his area of strength during Hughes/GSP3, and he might have beaten Serra again. But its changed him. There is now no legacy of getting the belt, and he's not finishing the people at championship level, and then he cheats on a title unification match.

Silly Boy!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah. It ruined him. That's why he's the current champ.

I like you Dave, but I swear you might be one of the most delusioned character's I've ever encountered.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.