Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-21-2009, 08:03 PM
jason2130

Default Pro-Wrestling and MMA

i found this article kinda interesting when i was looking for MMA fighters that have either competed in pro-wrestling or wrestlers who came to mma

i knew about ones like tank abbott, dan servern, ken shamrock, and barnett, but i was unaware of some of the people behind MMA being pro-wrestlers (like the president of pride)

http://content.usatoday.com/communit.../07/68494433/1
Old 08-22-2009, 06:17 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Very interesting!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Chris F

Japan pro wrestling is a lot more serious and much more physical. When I was a pro wrestler I had a match with a guy from Japan and they do not hold anything back.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:15 AM
jason2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Japan pro wrestling is a lot more serious and much more physical. When I was a pro wrestler I had a match with a guy from Japan and they do not hold anything back.
i watched some crazy matches from japan that made hardcore matches from ECW look tame, alot of japan wrestling reminds me of old wrestling from early WWF or pre-WWF when the steel cage matches where made out of 2inch steel pipes, and no rules ment ballbats and logging chains
Old 08-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2130
i watched some crazy matches from japan that made hardcore matches from ECW look tame, alot of japan wrestling reminds me of old wrestling from early WWF or pre-WWF when the steel cage matches where made out of 2inch steel pipes, and no rules ment ballbats and logging chains
The stuff you watched was probably the FMW or something similar. It is not respected as much as legitamt pro wrestling like the stuff the guys the article named did. I like the old school stuff much more. Less soap opera and more stories being told in the ring.