Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 08-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Conrad

Default ? For the teachers--pre jitters? share.

The summer is closing and I'm getting prepped to start up leading a mid-week study for the college kids again this year. I'm not really a "teacher" in an official sense. Also, I'm definitely under the authority of the pastors. The basic question is, do you all go through this kind of thing?

So, I'm getting scared again (but the Lord did not give us a spirit of fear), totally feeling inadequate (but faith is not in the feelings), unsure if I'm actually meeting the kids' needs, etc. Do y'all else go through these kind of things?

Also, the standard every-logistic-gets-in-the-way-of-prep is going on, but I hear that all the time. I'm prioritizing.

So, does everyone go through this? What does it look like for you? It's midnight & I better get to reviewing and sleeping. Your shared experiences will be appreciated.

Mike
Old 08-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Twinsmama

Try not to worry about it. You are adequate or you wouldn't be in the position. It's just nerves. It is good to question yourself so that you can try and improve even more. I'm not a teacher but thank you for being one. You are important.

I have the same feelings right now along with some others. I have a business during the day that I'm trying to grow enough to support my family, I'm about to go to school so that I can have 2 careers at once, I have 2 kids starting kindergarten in 5 days, husband about to have back surgery and a few other things to worry about.

Life is crazy but it's always worth it!
Good Luck!!

PS Your toe picture is nasty!