Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 PM
billythekid2000

Matt should have mentioned it at the time not years later, after BJ had. It's like ganging up on someone behind the leader, BJ.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed in Matt , that he would bring it up, even though he says it didn't affect the result of the fights. It adds weight to the current accusations, and he must have known that.

Last edited by billythekid2000; 02-05-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:51 PM
hizo64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ
I'm a Hughes fan, and one of the reasons is because he's not one to hold his opinions back and he's one of the greatest MMA fighters, ever. If he thought GSP had an unfair advantage in those previous fights, he should have said something to the commission and UFC at that time. To come out and say it a few years after the fact, is kind of unclassy.

thats just my opinion, tho.
MAN CRUSH MAN CRUSH!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
hizo64

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid2000
Matt should have mentioned it at the time not years later, after BJ had. It's like ganging up on someone behind the leader, BJ.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed in Matt , that he would bring it up, even though he says it didn't affect the result of the fights. It adds weight to the current accusations, and he must have know that.
Dude, Matt said "he felt a little greasy" he didnt say "He's a cheating ba$tard that covered himself in vaseline blah blah blah!"
Old 02-05-2009, 07:23 PM
AMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizo64
Dude, Matt said "he felt a little greasy" he didnt say "He's a cheating ba$tard that covered himself in vaseline blah blah blah!"
But Matt is validating the underlying implication. If it didn't have a result on the outcome and he doesn't believe GSP is a cheater, than what is he exactly trying to imply with the Grease comment?

One could only be greasey by applying it on one's body. So the statement itself is a bit funny, if you ask me.

Perhaps it was sweat, but Matt has been in MMA for a while, he'd know the difference between sweat and vaseline.

Hopefully Matt can clarify.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Administrator

If Matt had mentioned the greasiness back in 2006, then the reaction would be exactly the same as it is now. Only it would just be Matt's word and there would be no video evidence to back up anything he said.

Matt's not stupid, he knows that fans would just claim that he was leveling baseless accusations against GSP to excuse his loss. So why do that? At least now, he has the testimony of other fighters with similar experiences to back him up and the video footage from last Saturday. Not to mention the athletic commissioner who witnessed the greasing.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ
But Matt is validating the underlying implication. If it didn't have a result on the outcome and he doesn't believe GSP is a cheater, than what is he exactly trying to imply with the Grease comment?

One could only be greasey by applying it on one's body. So the statement itself is a bit funny, if you ask me.

Perhaps it was sweat, but Matt has been in MMA for a while, he'd know the difference between sweat and vaseline.

Hopefully Matt can clarify.
Isnt Matt Hughes allowed an opinion, based on more experience then any of us?

is that a freedom we have...but he does not. The statement is clear. Did GSP grease for Penn, Hughes doesnt know, Would it have effected the outcome if he did, Hughes doesnt think so...but in Hughes experience GSP often comes off as being a tad slippery to the touch.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid2000
That's a dumb thing to say, everybody knows that Matt and BJ don't like each other.

It's good to have controversies like this every once it a while, it helps us to weed out the posers from the true Matt Hughes fans.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
That's a dumb thing to say, everybody knows that Matt and BJ don't like each other.
what?????? I thought they were best of friends
Old 02-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ
I'm a Hughes fan, and one of the reasons is because he's not one to hold his opinions back and he's one of the greatest MMA fighters, ever. If he thought GSP had an unfair advantage in those previous fights, he should have said something to the commission and UFC at that time. To come out and say it a few years after the fact, is kind of unclassy.

thats just my opinion, tho.
Why is it unclassy? That just makes no sense. He had no real evidence to support the claim that GSP greased back then, it was just a suspicion. So why file a complaint when it's just Matt's word against GSP's? That's stupid. Besides, Matt's not one to make an excuse for a loss and that's exactly how people would take that (just like they are doing with BJ).

For someone who claims to be a Matt Hughes fan, you sure don't sound like one. Why don't you actually read Matt's words without trying to put a negative spin on them? Matt said that he didn't believe that the greasiness affected the outcome of either of his last two fights against GSP. Period. So where's the controversy?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It's good to have controversies like this every once it a while, it helps us to weed out the posers from the true Matt Hughes fans.
Are you saying that in order to be true Matt Hughes fans we're supposed to agree with everything he says and never disagree with anything advocated by him or his "true" fans?

If so, you can count me out and cancel my account.