Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-05-2009, 08:17 PM
TDPARKASH

It's not as much about the fighter, as the actual fan. I would consider myself a BJ fan, and even trained with him in a seminar last year. As i don't support his showmanship, I am fan of his as a fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Amen!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Do you know, yesterday I had my friend, Martin, come stay with me for the night. He doesnt know much about MMA, infact he'd never seen any. He does do Karate and knew that I was somewhat involved with MMA as a fan so he asked me.

I showed him the BJ Penn V Jens Pulver match when he first contended for the title. I think not only is he a fan of the sport now...he's also a fan of Jens...and not a fan of BJ Penn
Thats such a good story lol.. Show him Matt Hughes and also show him how Matt is with his fans and our military oh and with the orphange in Mexico whom he donates to... Now thats a MAN....
Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH
It's not as much about the fighter, as the actual fan. I would consider myself a BJ fan, and even trained with him in a seminar last year. As i don't support his showmanship, I am fan of his as a fighter.
Im sorry I used to like BJ, however all he does lately is make excuses for this and for that. Don't get me wrong he's had good fighting moments, but I just can't support someone who has no accountability for himself. He needs some cheese with that whine (wine).....
Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 PM
que

BJ does have the worst fans (or did), although the majority of them have impressed me lately by admitting that he looked like pure **** in his last fight.

GSP fans are quickly surpassing BJ fans in terms of being morons because none of them want to admit that he greased. they think he is God and it is getting out of hand very fast
Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
BJ does have the worst fans (or did), although the majority of them have impressed me lately by admitting that he looked like pure **** in his last fight.

GSP fans are quickly surpassing BJ fans in terms of being morons because none of them want to admit that he greased. they think he is God and it is getting out of hand very fast
Know they all admit he greased. But we all know for a FACT BJ got tooled. Nothing or no one would have changed that outside of having a tag team partner for that fight. Even with a tag team partner GSP's wrestling would have kept him for getting the tag.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:17 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Know they all admit he greased. But we all know for a FACT BJ got tooled. Nothing or no one would have changed that outside of having a tag team partner for that fight. Even with a tag team partner GSP's wrestling would have kept him for getting the tag.
i wasn't talking about how many tag team partners' BJ would have needed to beat GSP.

i said GSP fans are about to surpass BJ fans in terms of being moronic because none of them will admit he greased. BJ's fans are horrible but in their defense they have been looking a bit better lately because the majority of them admit he looked like crap that night.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i wasn't talking about how many tag team partners' BJ would have needed to beat GSP.

i said GSP fans are about to surpass BJ fans in terms of being moronic because none of them will admit he greased. BJ's fans are horrible but in their defense they have been looking a bit better lately because the majority of them admit he looked like crap that night.
Where have you seen people deny that vaseline was put on GSP's chest and back?
Old 03-05-2009, 10:01 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Where have you seen people deny that vaseline was put on GSP's chest and back?
see, that's the thing. GSP fans admit that grease was put on his chest and back (well, some of them do) but they won't admit that he 'greased'. and if/when they do admit that grease was applied, they say "oh, it was a miniscule amount, it didn't effect the fight at all!" first of all it wasn't a miniscule amount, and secondly of course it didn't effect the fight, but that's not the point. the point is that it was illegal, and he cheated. and that's what GSP fans don't get.

where have i seen those people? on every MMA forum on the internet
Old 03-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by que

I thought you were a BJ Penn fan.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Do you know, yesterday I had my friend, Martin, come stay with me for the night. He doesnt know much about MMA, infact he'd never seen any. He does do Karate and knew that I was somewhat involved with MMA as a fan so he asked me.

I showed him the BJ Penn V Jens Pulver match when he first contended for the title. I think not only is he a fan of the sport now...he's also a fan of Jens...and not a fan of BJ Penn
how about you show him Penn vs Pulver II as well.