Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
WTF...am I surrounded by History Graduates or something
No there is no money in being a history grad thats why I want to go for mechanical engineering then to research and development.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Honestly im enjoying this. I mean cmon , i dont claim to be really slick with the comebacks but you seriously need some help in that department, " I hope you were looking in the mirro" ?
Well it's not exactly a fair fight! You're a supermod and I'm a regular posting-type guy! I can more than hold my own, I promise.

Quote:
If you start your next post out with " Im Rubber your glue" i give up. It sounds like youve had a rough day on the monkey bars , maybe Scott Farcus shook you down for your milk money who knows ? Did the cute girl behind you put bazooka joe in your hair again ?
No, I've actually had a great day.

If we want to throw the rules out, I'll be happy to cut loose. That way we can both have fun!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:24 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
No there is no money in being a history grad thats why I want to go for mechanical engineering then to research and development.
exactly, if there was money there, that would be my major possibly, my major now takes a lot of time and devotion, so I don't think a minor in history would be possible, but I do plan on taking classes in it, I am in a post civil war american history class now, we will discuss the Nazis, just more from the american perspective at the time
Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Nate, I have no problem with friends sticking up for friends. I also have no problem with people disagreeing with me, nor do I have a problem with defending myself on here when I have an opinion or position that leaves me in a minority. No big deal.

I have to question, however, your willingness to let continued personal attacks from other members and even board moderators stand in direct violation of the forum rules. Some of those attacks, while not as pointed as others, are even from you yourself.

I'm willing to stand and argue my points, and when I said I'd leave if that was your position, you clarified it and I was happy with it. Now it would be nice if the bandwagon jumpers could lay off the personal attacks. If you really want this to descend into a flame war, I can deal with that. Just make sure the rules are enforced equally and I'll be happy to engage those who choose to bolster their lack of salient points by namecalling and attacking me.

For a dumbass your fairly eloquent with your words.

seriously im laughing . Ok OK Ok ill stop . Nate will be mad at me but i couldnt help it .

Im going to step away now.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I'm fascinated by WWII especially The third reich, so I study up

btw, what does being european have anything to do with it, does europe have better access to records on Nazi germany then the United States?
I just have a very good basic understanding on basicly every major thing in history (I love history) I dint realy study the elections down to the small details or realy nazi germany but I still know a lot I think
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
1) Oh, I see. You have to be European to know anything about history? Nicely elitist of you.

2) I never said he wasn't elected democratically. Take a look at what the Nazi regime became over time Tyburn, and try to think before you accuse someone else of being a fool just because you don't understand the reference.

3) Once again, I've never said Matt was a liar. If you read back through the saga you'll see that I re-evaluated my earlier position and adjusted it accordingly once I spent a little more time considering available evidence and information. All I did was wait until I had time to process the information before I just blindly agreed with something.

4) I don't run "skeered" from anyone Tyburn, least of all a bunch of names on a message board.. As I've explained already, I take a little time to evaluate things away from the heat of the argument. That's something you might consider, rather than just jumping in, launching personal attacks and running off at the mouth long before you have any real idea of what's actually going on.

5) You seem to be well beyond understanding anything that's going on here, and you apparently think you have a lock on history based on your own viewpoints. That's fine, you're entitled to your opinions and I don't have a problem with it.

I have to say though, as a board moderator you're not setting much of an example with your own willingness to ignore the rules and engage in personal attacks and namecalling in direct violation of established forum rules.
1) Now you know how Europe feels
2) Erm, care to expand on which particular Nazi Officials you are refering to.
3) You were Rude to Nathan, you were disrespectful to Hughes IMHO...but I did warn you that I take Loyalty very seriously.
4) when I want Advice, you will know, because I'll ask for it. If I dont care to ask you of your opinion, I probably dont wish to know. Leaving your Email address for further contact...doesnt sound like just stepping back to me.
5) I'll admit I may have been ignorant of certain details, but I love this place, I mean REALLY love this place. Its like my online home, and you DARE to insult it by cheaply likening it to Nazi Germany, you DARE to refer to Nathan as though he were Hitler...Sorry but you provoked me. An attack on one of my friends, is an attack on myself. If you piss on one of my friends...dont expect me to sit back and watch...I wont do it. You should appologise for the Nazi Comments, and you deserve to be ashamed for it.
6) Medic, do you have any idea how many people have tried to tell me how to do my voluntary job on this forum in the almost two years I've been doing it?

I am usually harmless, but I wont stand by whilst someone like you attacks most seriously, someone whom I am loyal to. You brought this on yourself, because you just wouldnt let it go. my Patience in finite, and you were begining to reach the end of it.

You had basically told us that you dissagreed with Hughes, you insinuated that he by default was telling lies. Then you called one of my friends a Nazi, and you bassically told all the board that the hard working, and voluntary Moderators on this board were equivilent to the Third Reich. You went on about swareing alligence, and at that point I had to make up my mind which side I was on, because you had migrated from debate into an attack against a place I value deeply.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
I just have a very good basic understanding on basicly every major thing in history (I love history) I dint realy study the elections down to the small details or realy nazi germany but I still know a lot I think
I didn't really study the election details either, but when you read a 900 page book, it kinda sticks haha
Old 02-05-2009, 09:32 PM
foggy

I have some awsome pictures i photoshopped above my bed , they have gsp's head on play girl centerfolds. And nooooooooooooooooooooooooo i know what your thinking, my boyfriend doesnt get mad.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
exactly, if there was money there, that would be my major possibly, my major now takes a lot of time and devotion, so I don't think a minor in history would be possible, but I do plan on taking classes in it, I am in a post civil war american history class now, we will discuss the Nazis, just more from the american perspective at the time
Well you two have impressed me very much tonight We really should start up a thread and talk about the war...I feel there is much I may be able to learn.

I had always been taught Hitler was democratically ellected. I understand where thats come from, but I also see how it wasnt really an ellection and certainly not a democratic one.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:33 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Is your name supposed to describe your state of mind? You've gotta be one of the dumbest trolls ever.