Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-16-2009, 02:59 PM
pokerchamp

Default some of my random UFC thoughts !

1. Why can't they make certain main event fights, that aren't title fights,
5 round fights. Liddell vs Silva, Couture vs Big Nog, fights like that should be
5 rounds.

2. I really enjoyed watching Randy do commentary with Rogan & the other guy I'd like to see Randy back with those guys, maybe he will when he's finally done.

3. I like the fact that the UFC puts on the fights fans want to see. But I think you can get carried away with that. GSP vs Penn, now some want GSP vs Silva. You put on these fights too fast, & everything after is kinda bitter sweet.

4. I'm Canadian, so I like GSP. But I do not wanna see GSP vs Silva. I think
GSP would get smashed. GSP 5 rounds vs Alves, vs Fitch, 4 rounds vs BJ.
You give A. Silva 5 rounds he will KO a Polar bear.

5. Sometimes I would prefer an undercard fight, to one on the PPV. I wish
the UFC would put 4 fights on the PPV & have a fan vote on the 5th fight that goes on the card, maybe on UFC.com

guess thats it, yes I'm bored
Old 08-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerchamp
1. Why can't they make certain main event fights, that aren't title fights,
5 round fights. Liddell vs Silva, Couture vs Big Nog, fights like that should be
5 rounds.

2. I really enjoyed watching Randy do commentary with Rogan & the other guy I'd like to see Randy back with those guys, maybe he will when he's finally done.

3. I like the fact that the UFC puts on the fights fans want to see. But I think you can get carried away with that. GSP vs Penn, now some want GSP vs Silva. You put on these fights too fast, & everything after is kinda bitter sweet.

4. I'm Canadian, so I like GSP. But I do not wanna see GSP vs Silva. I think
GSP would get smashed. GSP 5 rounds vs Alves, vs Fitch, 4 rounds vs BJ.
You give A. Silva 5 rounds he will KO a Polar bear.

5. Sometimes I would prefer an undercard fight, to one on the PPV. I wish
the UFC would put 4 fights on the PPV & have a fan vote on the 5th fight that goes on the card, maybe on UFC.com

guess thats it, yes I'm bored
1) why would they?

2) Jens Pulver was a far better commentator then Randy Couture...they should bring him back

3) blame Joe Silva...its all his fault

4) One can only hope. But then I am not Canadian

5) I wish they would show the majority of the fights, rather then a select few...and your right, some of the best fights are undercard fights.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:53 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

If I'm not mistaken #1 is controlled by the Athletic commission! I may be wrong on that though!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 AM
County Mike

I wish they would put all the undercard fights on Spike and use them to help promote the PPV.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

As much as I would love to see the prelims, I understand why DW doesn't do it. He's said time and again that he feels like if you pay for a plane ticket, a hotel stay, a fight ticket, etc., then you deserve to see more than the guy who "only" drops $45 to watch on his sofa at home. I tend to agree with his reasoning. I mean, when I went to Vegas, I drop around $1,000 all tolled. I think that entitled me to at least 5 extra fights that the rest of you $45-paying bums didn't get to see!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:18 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
As much as I would love to see the prelims, I understand why DW doesn't do it. He's said time and again that he feels like if you pay for a plane ticket, a hotel stay, a fight ticket, etc., then you deserve to see more than the guy who "only" drops $45 to watch on his sofa at home. I tend to agree with his reasoning. I mean, when I went to Vegas, I drop around $1,000 all tolled. I think that entitled me to at least 5 extra fights that the rest of you $45-paying bums didn't get to see!
That makes sense. I just figured quite a few people would watch the prelims on Spike and then decide to order the pay per view. It would probably increase the PPV sales. I wouldn't expect Dana to choose "what's fair to the customer" over the extra money it could generate.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:04 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
That makes sense. I just figured quite a few people would watch the prelims on Spike and then decide to order the pay per view. It would probably increase the PPV sales. I wouldn't expect Dana to choose "what's fair to the customer" over the extra money it could generate.
Yeah, but every now & then he tosses in an "altruistic" move to throw you off.