Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
yeah, it may hang around for a while, but you won't see it as the main event on any card anymore ... that's just my op anyway ...

yeah, don't know why she gave up that mount, she coulda done some nice damage ... oh well ... but mousasi is an animal ....
I would love to see Mousasi in the UFC!! He looked very, very good.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Ok so Babalu out cold in a matter of seconds in case you missed it
Good
Old 08-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
dont worry, two men can't biologically produce a child
Old 08-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
ok.. so I am watching the fights now... and after Verdum won... I heard Brett Rodgers mentioned in the same sentence as Fedor... THAT is comedy gold!!

Gina fought well... Cris was just too much for her.. sucks that Renato lost..
Its Werdum...not sure where he's from, but the pronunciation is European, the W is pronounced Germanically as a V...so it sounds phonetically like Verdum, but thats not how its spelt
Old 08-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Its Werdum...not sure where he's from, but the pronunciation is European, the W is pronounced Germanically as a V...so it sounds phonetically like Verdum, but thats not how its spelt
he is Brazilian but I think his mom might be Spanish
Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
he is Brazilian but I think his mom might be Spanish
Well the Spanish populated the Meso-American Cultures as far south as Brazil for certain, about two hundred or three hundred years before the other European Countries started populating the United States, so in terms of Language you can include Brazil as Continental European, The United States you can Classify as British (please note that British and European in terms of Language are not quite the same)

Thing is...the W to V thing is really British (in that it includes Germany and the Baltic region and Greece far more then it does Continental European...which is like French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese...just to confuse you the Russian Phonetical System inhabit most of eastern Europe as far South as the Urdu speaking Northern Middle East which you could claim was Arabic Also...to confuse you, Polynesia, part of the United States in some respects, doesnt use the British Phonetical System OR the Continental System...this is especially seen in an Example like the word Lau (For example the Volcano Mauna Lau, or the MMA Fighter Joe Lauzon) Where the Lau sounds like LOW Where the O sound is Oh, whereas in the Continental where it would sound like the O in ouch. Had this problem with the man himself, because I dont pronounce the name according to Pacific Phonetics...but according to Continental European )I dont know enough about Spanish or Portuguese to know if they make all there Ws sound like Vs or not
Old 08-17-2009, 03:25 AM
que

talking about the Portuguese language with my American friend at work (who is blood Portuguese and speaks it fluently although you would never know he is Portuguese because he looks 100% white American and acts American and has a perfect American accent) he told me that Spanish (specifically Mexicans who speak Spanish) is considered to be the "Ebonics" version of Portuguese. in other words, Spanish is the lazy version of it, and Portuguese is the more proper and correct way. if you know one language then you pretty much know the other, although i find the accents very different. i love how Portuguese sounds, i think it is much more pleasing to my ears than Spanish. i also notice they pronounce more "H" sounds and use alot of "bo"' and "aya" which Spanish doesn't have much of

dave do you know anything about the connection between Portuguese and Spanish and which one was derived from the other? i would look on wikipedia but i am lazy and wikipedia is not reliable anyways

Last edited by que; 08-17-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

After Gina lost, my buddy Scottie immediately started muttering under his breath "Friggin' Cyborg, more like Juice-borg! Friggin' roid ragin' she-male."
Old 08-17-2009, 05:19 AM
Stump Rules!

So, do all the guys pick Gina just because she's cute? I know ZERO about her, never even listened to an interview so I don't know.Does she have a good head on her shoulders?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
So, do all the guys pick Gina just because she's cute? I know ZERO about her, never even listened to an interview so I don't know.Does she have a good head on her shoulders?
I don't think they're looking above her shoulders.

I didn't think she had a chance.