Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-16-2009, 05:09 AM
County Mike

Sucks. Was a good fight but Cyborg got mount and won by TKO right at the buzzer.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:10 AM
matthughesfan21

cyborg is a better fighter also...i'm not a fan of gina's fighting, she's just fun to look at...I'm not losing sleep over this...its a win win really because have you seen pics of gina with a black eye? she looks hotter haha
Old 08-16-2009, 05:13 AM
Stump Rules!

That was a really good fight that's for sure. It must have been hard for Gina to lose for the first time.She looked like she was going to cry.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-16-2009, 05:25 AM
rearnakedchoke

well, what's sucks for cyborg is that this was a lose lose situation for her ... sure she wins the fight, but now women's mma is dead ... LOL .. Gina will go on to bigger and better things doing shows like AG, and cyborg will have to fight nobodies ... that's just the way i see it, gina probably will fight a couple more times, but tonite was the end of women's mma
Old 08-16-2009, 05:31 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
well, what's sucks for cyborg is that this was a lose lose situation for her ... sure she wins the fight, but now women's mma is dead ... LOL .. Gina will go on to bigger and better things doing shows like AG, and cyborg will have to fight nobodies ... that's just the way i see it, gina probably will fight a couple more times, but tonite was the end of women's mma
I don't know if it's the end necessarily but you certainly make a valid point. It's a lot easier to market Gina the Cyborg. I have a bit of a problem with Gina giving up a full mount... respect the BJJ of Cyborg but she certainly could have reigned down a little more damage before giving up that position...

IF she would have kept that position just a few seconds longer..... we might have seen round 2.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Sucks. Was a good fight but Cyborg got mount and won by TKO right at the buzzer.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Stump Rules!

I honestly never even thought I'd want to see woman in mma but last year when I saw Cyborg in Stockton I really liked watching them a lot. They were more exciting then a lot of men fights

Here was Cyborg last year

http://worldextremefighter.com/2008/...of-the-cyborg/

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

ok.. so I am watching the fights now... and after Verdum won... I heard Brett Rodgers mentioned in the same sentence as Fedor... THAT is comedy gold!!

Gina fought well... Cris was just too much for her.. sucks that Renato lost..
Old 08-16-2009, 10:16 AM
logrus

From the weigh in I thought Gina looked small. When she was standing in the cage you could tell she slimmed down big time. Her legs, and arms were very sleek and toned.

It sucks she lost, but a second or 2 longer in the mount she had, I think she takes Cyborg out in round 2. No way that girl could compete at the pace she was setting.

Another thing I wonder is how much of a factor did the lack of competing have on Gina. Over a year with no scheduled fight had to play a factor in some ways.

Gina will be back, and somebody will knock Cyborg out.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I don't know if it's the end necessarily but you certainly make a valid point. It's a lot easier to market Gina the Cyborg. I have a bit of a problem with Gina giving up a full mount... respect the BJJ of Cyborg but she certainly could have reigned down a little more damage before giving up that position...

IF she would have kept that position just a few seconds longer..... we might have seen round 2.
yeah, it may hang around for a while, but you won't see it as the main event on any card anymore ... that's just my op anyway ...

yeah, don't know why she gave up that mount, she coulda done some nice damage ... oh well ... but mousasi is an animal ....