Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Why say that other than to portray your opinion as somehow more valid?!

Again, i say as a avid fan of the sport that Randy has every right to think he could take this.

Yeah i tempered my response after re-reading your post, however it still sounded pompous!!!
I'm not saying it to show what I write is better, I'm saying it to show that writing is a contribution to the sport, that goes slightly beyond being a spectator

Spectators just watch. I dont just watch, I respond. (how my response matches up with anyone elses better knowledge or whatever isnt something I care about...I dont care about being better then anyone else, I care about giving a valuable contribution in response)
Old 08-23-2009, 07:10 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I don't see anything wrong with this. Silva is easy to put on his back. Even Travis Lutter has proven that. If Randy can get by the precise punching of Silva, he's got it.

Honestly, don't think he'd win, but I think he'll put up more of a fight than people would give him credit for.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I'm not saying it to show what I write is better, I'm saying it to show that writing is a contribution to the sport, that goes slightly beyond being a spectator

Spectators just watch. I dont just watch, I respond. (how my response matches up with anyone elses better knowledge or whatever isnt something I care about...I dont care about being better then anyone else, I care about giving a valuable contribution in response)

Fair enough my friend
Old 08-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Via Con Dios

Randy is just a thug who wants to challenge the best the world has to offer. who can blame him for that? remember when he wanted to fight fedor? after the brock lesnar fiasco there isn't a fight the ufc could put together that would surprise me.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Fair enough my friend
I guess, I want to feel like, even though I cant train and compete, I can still contribute in some manner...does that make sense? Usually when I get into a new thing I like to be able to actually do it...but I'm not a Boffin on MMA, and I simply have far to many physcial limitations to even training let alone competing. Therefore, if I were just to watch, I wouldnt actually feel...well...part of it I guess. Having my reviews, or my letters, or a few articals published, makes me feel like ive done something...you know, ive had an achievement of some small sort...thats what makes me feel I'm part of this whole thing, not just someone who watches and has an opinion...if someone tells me I'm crappy and that I dont know anything about MMA, I can turn round and ask them how many Predictions Video they have uploaded, whether Fighters Only Magazine published their letters, whether they were published online as a "freelance Journalist" of course it doesnt mean any of that makes me better...for all anyone knows, Fighters Only had a shortage of letters the month I was published, the mma website that publishes my work isnt exactly Sherdog in quality or notoriety...and I am pretty poor at my predictons that I make on video.

But I spare the time to do all of it, and it acts as a nice little deflection when someone tries to be little me.

We all have fears about not achieveing, and not being good enough. Even I with GOD knows how many thousands of posts on this Forum...still...quite often feel...inadequet shall we say. I'm just practised in how I hide these things, and in creating ways to stop those who might shun me.

It might sound from reading my posts like I tell you all my personal feelings on everything. But actually...I dont. I havent ever divulged the information in this post before.