Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 PM

I agree with Mark and Crisco, I'd like to see this fight. If Brock wasn't such a Goliath, I think Randy would have won that fight. I was shocked by what happened with Forrest, but Randy has way more experience and might be able to give AS some trouble and pull out a win.

Like Crisco said, "never count Randy out!".
Old 08-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Hughes fanboy

Yea, Randy....he ain't no Forrest. At least Randy would make an entertaining fight.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-15-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
Sorry but this is more one sided than the Forrest fight. Randy would never get near him.
lol ridiculous post seeing as there is no possable way it could be more one sided than the forrest fight

i give randy a good chance i just dont think he has the submission ability thats needed to give anderson problems
Old 08-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
lol ridiculous post seeing as there is no possable way it could be more one sided than the forrest fight

i give randy a good chance i just dont think he has the submission ability thats needed to give anderson problems
wait how hasnt randy gotten great at bjj with all the years of training and with all the high level bjj guys at his gym?
Old 08-15-2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
wait how hasnt randy gotten great at bjj with all the years of training and with all the high level bjj guys at his gym?
yeah but the guys who will give anderson trouble are guys that can finish the fight on the ground not just control in top position... Because its only mater of time before the fights on the feet again and i dont see anyone beating anderson by just taking him down over and over again gsp style.... There gonna have to submitt or tko him on the ground...
Old 08-15-2009, 03:03 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Personally I would enjoy Randy/Hendo more.
i'm sure Randy would enjoy that fight more as well..just a thought.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:08 AM
que

i wish i could say i would love to see this fight but i can't. it doesn't seem interesting, and i think that's because we all know how it would end.

randy, stick to one division and own it. stop jumping around weight divisions just to fight the belt holders. you are not god. get in line like everyone else and climb your way up and earn your title shot.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i wish i could say i would love to see this fight but i can't. it doesn't seem interesting, and i think that's because we all know how it would end.

randy, stick to one division and own it. stop jumping around weight divisions just to fight the belt holders. you are not god. get in line like everyone else and climb your way up and earn your title shot.
This
Old 08-15-2009, 03:14 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Throwing Randy Couture a hall of famer and who just one fight ago was the heavy weight champ of the world and gave Brock Lesnar trouble for the first half of round 1 against Anderson Silva is hardly just throwing names on a card.

That fight is epic and I've said this I will NEVER count out Randy Couture in my life. EVER.

I agree 100%

Anybody passing Randy off as some random HW chump is fooling themself. I would LOVE to see Randy fight Silva. Randy is strong where Silva is weak and I see this fight as potentially one of the greatest in UFC history.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:36 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44

not at all Randy does not have the speed or head movment needed, chuck retired him at lhw because he could not strike with him and chucks striking is not now and never was as pin point acurate as andersons. Randy would never get inside to consider a take down