Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Josh

I am pretty sure Randy will get suspended for this. Saying that he wants to fight Anderson will be considered a failed drug test by the NSAC.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Throwing Randy Couture a hall of famer and who just one fight ago was the heavy weight champ of the world and gave Brock Lesnar trouble for the first half of round 1 against Anderson Silva is hardly just throwing names on a card.

That fight is epic and I've said this I will NEVER count out Randy Couture in my life. EVER.
Yeah, but think of it this way:

What has Randy done in the LHW division to earn a shot at the title? I mean, you put him up against AS & you're clearly putting him on that path. Yes, he's a legend, but there are guys in there that have already put in their time to get to the strap. Fast-tracking big names is one thing when a division is weak on contenders (when AS fought Rich & when Randy fought Chuck/Tim), but that's not the case right now. There are at least 5 LHWs who could make an argument for why they should be next (assuming they win whatever fights they may be locked into right now).
Old 08-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yeah, but think of it this way:

What has Randy done in the LHW division to earn a shot at the title? I mean, you put him up against AS & you're clearly putting him on that path. Yes, he's a legend, but there are guys in there that have already put in their time to get to the strap. Fast-tracking big names is one thing when a division is weak on contenders (when AS fought Rich & when Randy fought Chuck/Tim), but that's not the case right now. There are at least 5 LHWs who could make an argument for why they should be next (assuming they win whatever fights they may be locked into right now).
Difference being that AS is not going to contend at LHW as long as Lyoto holds the belt. Mike aswell have AS fight Randy for a HUGE ppv
Old 08-14-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
What do you think his gameplan would be?
Randy at least keeps his hands up. He would cut angles to get inside and rassle him to the ground. His wrestling is beter than hendo's in my opinion.

[
Old 08-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Randy at least keeps his hands up. He would cut angles to get inside and rassle him to the ground. His wrestling is beter than hendo's in my opinion.
Agreed.

Randy Dirty boxes better then most.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:40 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Agreed.

Randy Dirty boxes better then most.
I agree, but I don't think his dirty boxing is good enough to beat AS's MT clinch.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:21 PM
canadiancountryboy

Quote:
I agree, but I don't think his dirty boxing is good enough to beat AS's MT clinch.
After seeing Randy hold his own with Brock in the clinch and in the dirty boxing department, I would think Randy could certainly do well with AS. I don't think this would be Randy's gameplan though.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Crisco

Quote:
He doesn't have to beat it.

He only needs to survive it so he can change levels.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:41 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

While I don't want to count Randy out I just don't see nobody beating AS right now! I never dreamed he would handle Forrest so easy!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:55 PM
GnP

Sorry but this is more one sided than the Forrest fight. Randy would never get near him.