Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo
Oh, I didn't know that, thanks. That is kind of discouraging, I didn't notice that during the fight (well, that's why I like to read the comments here - I wasn't on the forum that night). I thought GSP had too much integrity to try and get an unfair advantage that way.

Kinda changes things...

(Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of BJ Penn too. Which is why his letter to the NSAC surprised me.)
Ya, just cause u wipe vaso off with a towel don't mean its fully gone and when u start sweating its almost as bad..
Far as a rematch I'm not sure anyone will be excited to see this at all. BJ just looked aweful from rd1 on imo..BJ is a great fighter,but thats being at 155lb division where he seems naturally bigger than most of them.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
rearnakedchoke

he would be signing his own death certificate if he took this re-match ... dana wouldn't do it ... it would not be responsible of him ... even though he gave us shamrock v. tito 3 times, i think he would have learned his lesson and not put it on ... I say Dana should do it so that BJ can be shut up for good
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 PM

why would anyone want to see them fight again? Bj didnt even show up on saturday. Got completely dominated

It would be just a waste of time and a reason for Bj to put the lw division on hold for another 8 months
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
why would anyone want to see them fight again? Bj didnt even show up on saturday. Got completely dominated

It would be just a waste of time and a reason for Bj to put the lw division on hold for another 8 months
he showed up .. that was just the best he could muster ...
Old 02-05-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
he showed up .. that was just the best he could muster ...
haha yep maybe if they fight again bj might actually land a punch or somthing but the outcome will still be the same. Georges is to big, strong, fast, athletc, etc for bj.

Doe anyone seriously want to see this fight again? I would much rather see Bj sfend his title against Kenny and GSP defend his title against Thiago. Those are far more interesting fights.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds
Wiping Vaseline off with a towel is difficult when its cold, but put it on a human body and it warms up and becomes very thin and is easily wiped off with a towel.

Goat all your arguments are pure supposition based soley on your lack of knowledge in regards to:

1. how much if any Vaseline was applied to GSP's back( you are not Nurse and you do not know how much was still present on his hands....if any.)

2. How much if any was actually wiped off, unless you were actually there your argument holds no water.
yours is pure supposition since the NSAC felt there was enough put on him to be illegal. the NSAC had to come in not once, but twice to rub it off. and the head of the NSAC has said that BJ wasn't given a fair fight.

my argument needs no water, the video speaks for itself. the other fighters now coming forward speaks for itself and the NSAC certainly speak for themselves.

it is irrelevant if it was rubbed off, wiped off, fact is he cheated by having on him and needing it to be removed twice.

and no one told BJ until after the fight that GSP was greasing. if they had, maybe they would have asked for BJ to rubbed down too.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Ummmm...maybe? I think his management is trying to set it up, but who knows where BJ's head's at right now.
I am sure GSP's knuckle prints are still on his face...
Old 02-06-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
BJ's problem is his career is full of attempts to test himself at other weights.
Yeah.. just ask Lyoto..
Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
Doe anyone seriously want to see this fight again? I would much rather see Bj sfend his title against Kenny and GSP defend his title against Thiago. Those are far more interesting fights.

Me.. if only to see GSP actually get the Hughes crucifix on Penn right..

Thiago needs to make weight a few times before getting a shot IMO.. maybe fight Fitch again..
Old 02-06-2009, 03:34 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Okay, all I gotta say is...If I am not allowed to whine a little bit about the crappy calls in the Super Bowl without being called a sore loser, then BJ Penn fans seriously need to STFU...

all I got to say...