Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM
rearnakedchoke

Default Matt v Hallman ????

If this is true, would matt take this fight???

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...9356&zoneid=13
Old 08-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Default Next fight should be to avenge 2 losses to Dennis Hallman?

I love when fighters get the chance to avenge losses. I just read an article over at MMAweekly that Dennis Hallman is returning to the UFC.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...9356&zoneid=13

Dennis beat Matt twice. Once in EC by guillotine, next in UFC by armbar. I'd love to see Matt beat down Dennis, avenge his loss, and show everything he has learned since then!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM

LOL posted 5 minutes BEFORE mine...darn. Well, merge the two threads. I was typing it up while you were. That's funny right there.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:56 PM

I'd love to see Hallman get his @$$ kicked.

[
Old 08-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

This would be a waste of matt's time. Most pollers have Matt at #6 in the WW division and Hallman isn't even on the map. Matt has nothing to gain for fighting him on the business side of the house. If Matt wins ... so he beat a guy not even ranked ... if he should lose ... it suddenly gives Dennis more credit in the division and revives his career. Of course much of this also depends on how much longer Matt decided to fight. If it’s going to be one more and then hang it up ... honestly it doesn't matter who he fights and this would be a good redemption match and would sell well. If he plans to run for the title again .. he should fight someone ranked above him in the polls and not someone who wouldn't do anything for him when he wins.

I actually enjoyed watching Hallman in the IFL. I liked his cowboy karate thing he did and was an entertaining fighter. Just don't think its a good fight for Matt, other than being entertaining from a two loss revenge match.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Blmfighter

I thought that the last fight Hallman did in some small show he got busted from drugs. Does anyone else remember anything about this. I think this is a bad fight for Matt. He has the skills to beat Hallman all day. however if is makes a mistake or get cut and loses the fight it will make him drop in the rankings.

I know Matt does not care for the rankings and if he wants to fight one last fight and he wants it to be Hallman then that is great. I hope regardless if he fights one more time or 5 more times that he gets a top 5 fighter.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:19 PM
TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
This would be a waste of matt's time. Most pollers have Matt at #6 in the WW division and Hallman isn't even on the map. Matt has nothing to gain for fighting him on the business side of the house. If Matt wins ... so he beat a guy not even ranked ... if he should lose ... it suddenly gives Dennis more credit in the division and revives his career. Of course much of this also depends on how much longer Matt decided to fight. If itís going to be one more and then hang it up ... honestly it doesn't matter who he fights and this would be a good redemption match and would sell well. If he plans to run for the title again .. he should fight someone ranked above him in the polls and not someone who wouldn't do anything for him when he wins.

I actually enjoyed watching Hallman in the IFL. I liked his cowboy karate thing he did and was an entertaining fighter. Just don't think its a good fight for Matt, other than being entertaining from a two loss revenge match.
True That!!
Matt's last fight or not Hallman has allot of men to beat up before he deserves a shot at Matt, and the payday and name rec that will come from such fight.
If the people want a rematch. I want to see T A and Matt rematch. Thatís a rematch of two Men in the same class and deserve the perks of fighting at that level.
But I will spend my money to watch Matt no matter who he fights. Anyone out there pay money to watch Hallmen no matter who he is fighting.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN
Anyone out there pay money to watch Hallmen no matter who he is fighting.
<cricket cricket>

Soooo .... Looks like clouds rolling in ....

<cricket cricket>

Guess Iiiiii'll just wait for someone to speak up

<dog howling in back ground>

Surrre is chilly out here

<woman screams baby starts crying>

Might just ... head on inside while I wait for this answer

<cow moos>

might just ... leave this one be altogether ...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Administrator

I remember one time when Jeremy Horn was at the gym, helping Matt train for a fight, and he said that the worst fights you can ever compete in are the ones where everyone expects you to just totally destroy your opponent. Because not only do you have to win, but you have to completely dominate every second of the fight or you still lose ground in the eyes of the fans.

So Matt has nothing to gain, but everything to lose by fighting Dennis Hallman again. If he wins, it's no big deal, because everyone expected him to win anyways. His ranking will either drop or stay the same. Defeating Hallman will not advance Matt through the WW ranks at all. So there is no reason for Matt to take this fight.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Agreed .. unless as I said above this will bring closure to something Matt feels is left unfinished. i.e. beat the only guy who beat him twice. Might be the final period in the last sentence of this chapter.

Other than that scenario ... not a good fight.