Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
County Mike

Diaz was smart to skip the drug test. By skipping, he misses this fight. If he went and failed, he would have been suspended for at least 6 months and missed future fights. Now he can clear out his system and try to fight again in a month.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:11 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Although it would be better if he would just lay off the weed! On a side note wouldn't pot keep him calm and deaden the pain when he gets hit? Either way I ain't sure it's good for the sport for a fighter to have illegal drugs in their system while fighting!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
Although it would be better if he would just lay off the weed! On a side note wouldn't pot keep him calm and deaden the pain when he gets hit? Either way I ain't sure it's good for the sport for a fighter to have illegal drugs in their system while fighting!
this is pretty much a myth. it doesnt make you invulnerable to pain lol
Old 08-13-2009, 08:20 PM
County Mike

and it's not illegal (at least in his case). He has a prescription.

I'm not a pot smoker, but I don't care if he smokes it. Let him fight stoned for all I care. Could be entertaining.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:33 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike

I'm not a pot smoker, but I don't care if he smokes it. Let him fight stoned for all I care. Could be entertaining.
It was entertaining. He finished with a Gogoplata, remember?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:20 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike

He should know the rules and follow them!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:02 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
He should know the rules and follow them!
He was.

Quote:
On Monday, Diaz’s manager, Cesar Gracie, said his fighter had an informal agreement with former CSAC executive officer Armando Garcia that precluded random drug testing. Diaz, a resident of Stockton, Calif., currently holds a medical marijuana license under the state’s Compassionate Use Act of 1996 and Medical Marijuana Program Act. Garcia departed the agency last November.

“They changed it without any notification,” said Gracie. “No one had any time. The old guys were doing things based off of California law, and I knew California law didn’t change. He’s licensed... it’s legal. They’re own legal team came out with a ruling that said (compassionate use was allowed). Then all of a sudden they’re saying we’re doing drug tests, and cannabis is included, it’s not just performance enhancers. To flush it out of his system, it takes 10 days, and we don’t have that.”

He has been honest and upfront about it.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Chuck

Compassionate use?? right...

Diaz has a drug problem and needs help.. but the US is getting more and more weed friendly so people just over look it.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:17 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

To be perfectly honest, I think that weed should be just as legal as cigarettes. They're both addictive drugs with medical side-effects. If we're willing to let people give themselves cancer, why can't we let them shrink their sperm-count while they're at it?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
To be perfectly honest, I think that weed should be just as legal as cigarettes. They're both addictive drugs with medical side-effects. If we're willing to let people give themselves cancer, why can't we let them shrink their sperm-count while they're at it?
I think that's a really bad comparison bro.... BUT I don't want to derail this thread into a "legalizing weed" convo... we've had those on here before... it got ugly.... untill the stoners got so frustrated they had to smoke a bowl and run to Taco Bell... then things calmed down.....

If you're really bored and care to know my thoughts... I'd be happy to PM/FB/email them to you..