Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Actually, most of the anger in America today has nothing to do with hate. It's fueled by an out of control government that has stopped listening to the people of America. Obama is driving us towards a cliff and the more people protest the faster he goes. We are seeing the frustrations of a free people who are watching their freedoms eroded by a tyrannical government.

I hate to say it again, but where was all the conservative republican outrage when Bush was in office? Bush was responsible for many freedoms lost.

We sincerely care about this country and believe that Obama is causing massive and irreversible damage to America. There's nothing un-American about voicing that opinion.
Yeah, it's only un-American if you voiced an opinion against the Bush regime.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Bush was responsible for many freedoms lost.
annnnndddd.... which ones were those again?

I keep hearing about these freedoms that Bush supposedly trampled all over, but I've seen zero evidence of it.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:24 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Actually, most of the anger in America today has nothing to do with hate. It's fueled by an out of control government that has stopped listening to the people of America. Obama is driving us towards a cliff and the more people protest the faster he goes. We are seeing the frustrations of a free people who are watching their freedoms eroded by a tyrannical government.

We sincerely care about this country and believe that Obama is causing massive and irreversible damage to America. There's nothing un-American about voicing that opinion.
Nate, there was plenty of backlash when bush was in power from the american people ... and bush is the one that put the US in the crapper and now that obama is doing things to try and get the country outta the $hit hole, he is being blamed for the damage ... bush was also planning bailouts, but i am sure then you thought it was a great idea ...
Old 08-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Nate, there was plenty of backlash when bush was in power from the american people ... and bush is the one that put the US in the crapper and now that obama is doing things to try and get the country outta the $hit hole, he is being blamed for the damage ... bush was also planning bailouts, but i am sure then you thought it was a great idea ...
No, I thought the bank bailout last October was a terrible idea. Unfortunately, it happened in the heat of the Presidential election, thus the American outrage over it was overshadowed by the Obamagasm of the mainstream media.

I've stated this many, many, many, many times on this forums, but you continue to act like I somehow supported it then and only oppose it now because Obama is in office. So that shows that you simply don't read my posts and would instead prefer to flaunt your ignorance by boldly proclaiming what you think I believe.

Well, you're wrong and I would ask you to be a little more open-minded and intelligent about these things.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
No, I thought the bank bailout last October was a terrible idea. Unfortunately, it happened in the heat of the Presidential election, thus the American outrage over it was overshadowed by the Obamagasm of the mainstream media.

I've stated this many, many, many, many times on this forums, but you continue to act like I somehow supported it then and only oppose it now because Obama is in office. So that shows that you simply don't read my posts and would instead prefer to flaunt your ignorance by boldly proclaiming what you think I believe.

Well, you're wrong and I would ask you to be a little more open-minded and intelligent about these things.
Just to back you up, Nate, when I read the first paragraph of your post, I got confued & checked the time-stamp of the post again because I coulda sworn that I had read that post word-for-word about a month ago...
Old 08-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Just to back you up, Nate, when I read the first paragraph of your post, I got confued & checked the time-stamp of the post again because I coulda sworn that I had read that post word-for-word about a month ago...
Yep, now we just need Dave to chime in about how the bank bailout was necessary to save the world economy from us "greedy Americans."
Old 08-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Yep, now we just need Dave to chime in about how the bank bailout was necessary to save the world economy from us "greedy Americans."
Nate, you've got super cool admin powers: can't you just copy/paste the whole argument for us so no one has to waste their time re-typing everything?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:28 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:

right and how many things have you criticized bush on??? nothing, cuz although you may think it was a bad idea, you would've somehow convinced yourself that it was a good move ... or not said a word about it ... you just hate the fact that obama is pres and will convince yourself that he is killing america
Old 08-16-2009, 07:02 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
annnnndddd.... which ones were those again?

I keep hearing about these freedoms that Bush supposedly trampled all over, but I've seen zero evidence of it.
I actually gave you evidence of that in a prior post a few months ago.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
right and how many things have you criticized bush on??? nothing, cuz although you may think it was a bad idea, you would've somehow convinced yourself that it was a good move ... or not said a word about it ... you just hate the fact that obama is pres and will convince yourself that he is killing america
Nate has actually been pretty critical of Bush in the past...

It just may have gone unnoticed because he didn't just type

"Bush is an Idiot who put this country in the crapper"

I'd like to know exactly what Bush did that everyone thinks he put the country into ruin? Do we blame the economy on him and stuff? Why? What could he have done differently to prevent it?