Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Actually, most of the anger in America today has nothing to do with hate. It's fueled by an out of control government that has stopped listening to the people of America. Obama is driving us towards a cliff and the more people protest the faster he goes. We are seeing the frustrations of a free people who are watching their freedoms eroded by a tyrannical government.

I hate to say it again, but where was all the conservative republican outrage when Bush was in office? Bush was responsible for many freedoms lost.

We sincerely care about this country and believe that Obama is causing massive and irreversible damage to America. There's nothing un-American about voicing that opinion.
Yeah, it's only un-American if you voiced an opinion against the Bush regime.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Bush was responsible for many freedoms lost.
annnnndddd.... which ones were those again?

I keep hearing about these freedoms that Bush supposedly trampled all over, but I've seen zero evidence of it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-15-2009, 06:24 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Actually, most of the anger in America today has nothing to do with hate. It's fueled by an out of control government that has stopped listening to the people of America. Obama is driving us towards a cliff and the more people protest the faster he goes. We are seeing the frustrations of a free people who are watching their freedoms eroded by a tyrannical government.

We sincerely care about this country and believe that Obama is causing massive and irreversible damage to America. There's nothing un-American about voicing that opinion.
Nate, there was plenty of backlash when bush was in power from the american people ... and bush is the one that put the US in the crapper and now that obama is doing things to try and get the country outta the $hit hole, he is being blamed for the damage ... bush was also planning bailouts, but i am sure then you thought it was a great idea ...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-15-2009, 07:02 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Nate, there was plenty of backlash when bush was in power from the american people ... and bush is the one that put the US in the crapper and now that obama is doing things to try and get the country outta the $hit hole, he is being blamed for the damage ... bush was also planning bailouts, but i am sure then you thought it was a great idea ...
No, I thought the bank bailout last October was a terrible idea. Unfortunately, it happened in the heat of the Presidential election, thus the American outrage over it was overshadowed by the Obamagasm of the mainstream media.

I've stated this many, many, many, many times on this forums, but you continue to act like I somehow supported it then and only oppose it now because Obama is in office. So that shows that you simply don't read my posts and would instead prefer to flaunt your ignorance by boldly proclaiming what you think I believe.

Well, you're wrong and I would ask you to be a little more open-minded and intelligent about these things.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-15-2009, 07:52 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,298
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
No, I thought the bank bailout last October was a terrible idea. Unfortunately, it happened in the heat of the Presidential election, thus the American outrage over it was overshadowed by the Obamagasm of the mainstream media.

I've stated this many, many, many, many times on this forums, but you continue to act like I somehow supported it then and only oppose it now because Obama is in office. So that shows that you simply don't read my posts and would instead prefer to flaunt your ignorance by boldly proclaiming what you think I believe.

Well, you're wrong and I would ask you to be a little more open-minded and intelligent about these things.
Just to back you up, Nate, when I read the first paragraph of your post, I got confued & checked the time-stamp of the post again because I coulda sworn that I had read that post word-for-word about a month ago...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-15-2009, 08:33 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Just to back you up, Nate, when I read the first paragraph of your post, I got confued & checked the time-stamp of the post again because I coulda sworn that I had read that post word-for-word about a month ago...
Yep, now we just need Dave to chime in about how the bank bailout was necessary to save the world economy from us "greedy Americans."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-15-2009, 08:57 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,298
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Yep, now we just need Dave to chime in about how the bank bailout was necessary to save the world economy from us "greedy Americans."
Nate, you've got super cool admin powers: can't you just copy/paste the whole argument for us so no one has to waste their time re-typing everything?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:28 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
No, I thought the bank bailout last October was a terrible idea. Unfortunately, it happened in the heat of the Presidential election, thus the American outrage over it was overshadowed by the Obamagasm of the mainstream media.

I've stated this many, many, many, many times on this forums, but you continue to act like I somehow supported it then and only oppose it now because Obama is in office. So that shows that you simply don't read my posts and would instead prefer to flaunt your ignorance by boldly proclaiming what you think I believe.

Well, you're wrong and I would ask you to be a little more open-minded and intelligent about these things.
right and how many things have you criticized bush on??? nothing, cuz although you may think it was a bad idea, you would've somehow convinced yourself that it was a good move ... or not said a word about it ... you just hate the fact that obama is pres and will convince yourself that he is killing america
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:02 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
annnnndddd.... which ones were those again?

I keep hearing about these freedoms that Bush supposedly trampled all over, but I've seen zero evidence of it.
I actually gave you evidence of that in a prior post a few months ago.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
right and how many things have you criticized bush on??? nothing, cuz although you may think it was a bad idea, you would've somehow convinced yourself that it was a good move ... or not said a word about it ... you just hate the fact that obama is pres and will convince yourself that he is killing america
Nate has actually been pretty critical of Bush in the past...

It just may have gone unnoticed because he didn't just type

"Bush is an Idiot who put this country in the crapper"

I'd like to know exactly what Bush did that everyone thinks he put the country into ruin? Do we blame the economy on him and stuff? Why? What could he have done differently to prevent it?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.