Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I erred in the naming the title, my mistake.

There wasn't much in the way of Bush bashing, there was one paragraph. The funny thing is I don't need to make Bush look bad, he did it all on his own. I will say that I still have hope, just as I did when Bush was in office. I'm not happy with everything Obama has done, but I'll still give the man more than 8 months of a chance to try to undo the damage of the past 8 years.

Limbaugh is a blowhard, I think even he would agree with that. He is great at spewing hate though and I'll give him the credit where it is due.

Have a great night all.
You see that?

This was part of my point. If people want to defend Obama, then defend Obama. But more often than not people start out to defend him and it turns into a Bush bash. It almost feels like people are saying, "Well, at least he looks good when comparing him to Bush." Is that all you got? I think it actually cheapens him (Obama).
Old 08-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I'm not happy with everything Obama has done, but I'll still give the man more than 8 months of a chance to try to undo the damage of the past 8 years.
The question is not 'can Obama undo the damage of the previous 8 years' but instead can he reverse the damage of the first 8 months of his own Presidency?

I think Bush was a great President who made some mistakes and no amount of brainwashed liberal rhetoric is going to prove otherwise as far as I'm concerned. Of course, the economy failed on his watch, however (like 9/11), for those of us who have been paying attention, this economic crash was brewing long before Bush Jr. was elected.

It's funny that you criticize me for name-calling, yet continually defend and support this old lady's insults of President Bush. Hmm, hypocritical much?
Old 08-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
The question is not 'can Obama undo the damage of the previous 8 years' but instead can he reverse the damage of the first 8 months of his own Presidency??
Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Rev

"6) Bush is a moron (in case you skipped over the part where she called him an idiot)
Again, I tend to agree. I've got to hand it to him though, he is a rich moron who moved up the ladder with his silver spoon in his mouth."

lol. kinda like Obama's rise up the ladder with affirmative action and being a "community organizer" (aka, racial divider).

Any insults you have for Bush will be null and void when the smoke clears because even the experts have said that in 10 years, a look back on his admin will show that he did pretty well with what Clinton left him to work with. You cant say anything about Obama not having anything to work with because he didnt want anything. He has a model that he is following perfectly, its called "Nazi Germany".

Dude, how do you come in here and just open fire on Nate? Alot of hate? Rude and obnoxious? He commented on a blog by someone who isnt even on this forum and the only person to be bothered was you, and thats fine. We can all feel how we want, but he didnt say anything to you. If him saying that she was an idiot makes him rude and obnoxious, then what does that make you?
"I figured the idiots wouldn't get it. Seems I hit that one out of the ballpark."

Is it because she isnt here to defend herself? Well you bashed Bush up pretty good and I dont see him around.

If people want to disagree, Great! Why does it have to be so hostile though? cant we just disagree and debate without the insults toward each other?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
"6) Bush is a moron (in case you skipped over the part where she called him an idiot)
Again, I tend to agree. I've got to hand it to him though, he is a rich moron who moved up the ladder with his silver spoon in his mouth."

lol. kinda like Obama's rise up the ladder with affirmative action and being a "community organizer" (aka, racial divider).

Any insults you have for Bush will be null and void when the smoke clears because even the experts have said that in 10 years, a look back on his admin will show that he did pretty well with what Clinton left him to work with. You cant say anything about Obama not having anything to work with because he didnt want anything. He has a model that he is following perfectly, its called "Nazi Germany".

Dude, how do you come in here and just open fire on Nate? Alot of hate? Rude and obnoxious? He commented on a blog by someone who isnt even on this forum and the only person to be bothered was you, and thats fine. We can all feel how we want, but he didnt say anything to you. If him saying that she was an idiot makes him rude and obnoxious, then what does that make you?
"I figured the idiots wouldn't get it. Seems I hit that one out of the ballpark."

Is it because she isnt here to defend herself? Well you bashed Bush up pretty good and I dont see him around.

If people want to disagree, Great! Why does it have to be so hostile though? cant we just disagree and debate without the insults toward each other?

IT would be awesome if Bush where here. I would love to meet him. Matt should write him a letter and make him get on here
Old 08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
que

i agree with pretty much everything she said. she speaks the truth from a very logical, rational and most importantly, unbiased base and you cannot argue anything she said

she was crude and rude, but her points were all truth. it is crude to say bush crawled up cheney's ass for 8 years, but it's true... he did. it was crude to call him an idiot, but he was. (well, he was not LITERALLY an idiot, he is a smart man, but he made idiotic decisions. alot of that should be blamed on cheney but alot of it should be blamed on bush as well for going ahead with all the decisions)
Old 08-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
You see that?

This was part of my point. If people want to defend Obama, then defend Obama. But more often than not people start out to defend him and it turns into a Bush bash. It almost feels like people are saying, "Well, at least he looks good when comparing him to Bush." Is that all you got? I think it actually cheapens him (Obama).
I never said he looked good compared to Bush. I did say I'll give him the same chance as I gave Bush though. If he runs again after his 4 are up, will I vote for him? That I don't know yet. I'll need to look back on the previous and see what was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
The question is not 'can Obama undo the damage of the previous 8 years' but instead can he reverse the damage of the first 8 months of his own Presidency?
I think he's got more than enough on his plate trying to reverse the damage from the last regime in office.

I think Bush was a great President who made some mistakes and no amount of brainwashed liberal rhetoric is going to prove otherwise as far as I'm concerned. Of course, the economy failed on his watch, however (like 9/11), for those of us who have been paying attention, this economic crash was brewing long before Bush Jr. was elected.
Bush chose to ignore the 9/11 warnings. That is completely indefensible. That alone is enough for me to gladly label him a moron. How you could defend him on that I'd love to hear.

It's funny that you criticize me for name-calling, yet continually defend and support this old lady's insults of President Bush. Hmm, hypocritical much?
The thing is, Bush did do stupid and illegal things which I think have earned him those titles. I like to mimic you when I call names, I figure if it's good enough for you to do it, it should be good enough for me. I hate to stoop to that level, but sometimes can't resist.

Bush was dishonest, and did idiotic things. I don't think it counts as name calling if what was said is the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev

lol. kinda like Obama's rise up the ladder with affirmative action and being a "community organizer" (aka, racial divider). Damn, trying to do better for your community is such a horrible thing. That bastage!

Wow, so where do you think the death camps will be located? The sad thing is that the republican party didn't/wouldn't put up a team that was worth voting for. Obama really was the lesser of two evils as much as I hate to say.

Nate's done a lot of name calling to me in the past, and tends to make sweeping generalizations is other areas where I and my beliefs are lumped in. I now like to respond in kind. It sucks, but if it's good for the goose.....I will try to rise above that in the future.

I'd love to debate without insults. While the blog I posted did call Bush an idiot, Nate was the one to throw out the hostility first in the thread.

Quote:
Wow, this lady is kind of an idiot. Typical Brainwashed-Liberal stupidity.
While he doesn't call me stupid, he infers that I am a stupid brain-washed liberal. The funny thing is that there was only one small paragraph about Bush, but that is what is commented on the most. Nothing about Palin bailing, Limbaugh's drug addiction, or the venom he spews.

I apologize for lowering my standards in my replies, I will try to keep that from happening again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

If the above is what liberalism is, what do you find wrong with it?
Old 08-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
IT would be awesome if Bush where here. I would love to meet him. Matt should write him a letter and make him get on here
It would be interesting to actually meet the man. As a person I just might like him. I didn't like what Bush became as a president though.

*meant to address this in my long reply.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:34 PM
bradwright

so this is where the action is at these days....alrighty then.

it seems to me a lot of peoples views on things around here are fueled by hate and not by reason like they should be,
(and yes i have been guilty of this as well in the past)
having said that i will admit that i thought Obama being elected president was a great thing not only for the USA but for the rest of the world as well...now i'm not so sure,
as far as Rush go's though some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is closer to fiction than reality but it seems not everybody notices that,

but until the hate on both sides can be removed from the equation and replaced with the willingness to listen to other peoples points of view and debate them with some sort of reason I think the world will just continue with its slip into the abyss....that's just my opinion though.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
so this is where the action is at these days....alrighty then.

it seems to me a lot of peoples views on things around here are fueled by hate and not by reason like they should be,
(and yes i have been guilty of this as well in the past)
having said that i will admit that i thought Obama being elected president was a great thing not only for the USA but for the rest of the world as well...now i'm not so sure,
as far as Rush go's though some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is closer to fiction than reality but it seems not everybody notices that,

but until the hate on both sides can be removed from the equation and replaced with the willingness to listen to other peoples points of view and debate them with some sort of reason I think the world will just continue with its slip into the abyss....that's just my opinion though.
Actually, most of the anger in America today has nothing to do with hate. It's fueled by an out of control government that has stopped listening to the people of America. Obama is driving us towards a cliff and the more people protest the faster he goes. We are seeing the frustrations of a free people who are watching their freedoms eroded by a tyrannical government.

We sincerely care about this country and believe that Obama is causing massive and irreversible damage to America. There's nothing un-American about voicing that opinion.