Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM
TDPARKASH

Default GSP vs. Silva- timing is good

In terms of PPV, Jan-Feb next year could be a great time and could be the largest numbers to date. I think they both have respectively cleaned out their divisions, and are coming off impressive wins. I mean Silva could probably get another fight in with Henderson, before they had their match as well. I get the feeling GSP is not too eager about this opportunity just yet, but it might be a smart business decision. In my mind, there needs to be some time for the WW to develop another contender (no disrespect to swick and kapman0
Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

As a GSP fan, there is no good time for this ... GSP would lose ... and there is never a good time for losing ...
Old 08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
As a GSP fan, there is no good time for this ... GSP would lose ... and there is never a good time for losing ...
I don't think he would lose...

And I like the timing... perhaps something to go head to head with the Super Bowl?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Stump Rules!

GSP with kill the spider

But seriously, I think GSP has a pretty good chance.Don't tell nobody but I think he's even better then Forrest

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-10-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Both fighters have cleaned out their divisions. I was thinking about this matchup the other day. There's still maybe a few fighters for Silva to face - Demian Maia and Henderson II. As for GSP, who else is there, Jake Shields?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:58 PM
bradwright

this is a fight that will never happen i would think and here is why,

Anderson is a lot bigger guy then GSP...not only with the weight difference but in the height and reach department as well,
GSP isn't nearly as stupid as some people believe him to be so i'm sure he noticed Anderson is Quite a bit bigger and would take that into consideration when he thinks about the prospect of getting into the octagon with him, and although there are a few fighters that don't seem to notice the difference in size when moving up a weight class i'm quite sure GSP does,

I'm pretty sure Georges will never accept a fight with Anderson until he can properly put on the weight he would need to make it competitive,
although he could just throw caution to the wind and go out there swinging for the fences and try to catch him with a lucky punch but we all know how that worked out for Forrest and i saw GSP in the crowd that night so i'm sure he saw how it worked out for Forrest as well....so i'm pretty sure he wont be trying that one.
any way long story long...he would need more time to get ready for the fight then Anderson has left with the UFC because i'm pretty sure he will move on to something else as soon as he has fulfilled his obligations...maybe a fight with RJJ i hear....good luck with that AS...your gonna need it.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:00 PM
timmyja

Said it before and I'll say it again. Lifetime sigbet, if this fight ever happens, on GSP getting KTFO. LIFETIME.. He can put on 10-15 lbs of muscle if he wants to, I just don't see it working for him
Old 08-10-2009, 06:17 PM
atomdanger

I don't see how the timing is good at all.

WW might not have anybody who seems seriously threatening right now,
but MW sure does. (I think Hendo would end the same).
But the winner of Maia and Marquardt should get a title shot IMO.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:21 PM
que

let's see it. i say after the hendo fight GSP move up and feed him to anderson. i cannot wait for this fight!

i know this fight isn't even announced yet but i sig bet someone that anderson beats GSP, sig bet for 12 months. i will only take it against the anderson haters because it's more fun that way. i would prefer either bradwrong or matthughesrocks.

Last edited by que; 08-10-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Maldonado136

gsp is a great fighter but there is no good timing for this fight. its just not a good fight for gsp. period.