Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Country_breakfast

Default Matt Hughes vs Anderson @ 185?

Who do you think would win?

personally I can see Matt out-wrestling Silva for the decision win or maybe even getting some brutal GNP in and ending the fight with a slick sub.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_breakfast
Who do you think would win?

personally I can see Matt out-wrestling Silva for the decision win or maybe even getting some brutal GNP in and ending the fight with a slick sub.
On paper I think it's a bad match for Matt however he has always maintained that he see's some areas he can exploit in Anderson's game. I would have no reason to doubt that so it would no doubt be a close match.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Hughes fanboy

If Matt could get him to the ground I think it would be a very good possibility. But AS has some naaasssty striking...so I don't know. Yet, Travis Lutter took AS down so I believe Matt could as well.

I'd rather see GSP be defeated by AS than Matt, plus I think DW has talked about that as a possible fight down the road.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Stump Rules!

I'd love to see good V evil. Silva is Satan as far as I'm concerned

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-10-2009, 03:47 AM
rearnakedchoke

i honestly don't think there is anyone that can beat silva at 185 or 205 let alone 170 .... a silva is a BEAST
Old 08-10-2009, 09:04 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Depends on how Matt feels at 185!
Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Blmfighter

I would like to see Matt win however I think this is a bad match up for him. If he can get the take down he could win. If not I think Anderson might put him to sleep like everyone else.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:55 PM
que

matt has shown trouble with bigger guys in his last two losses and silva is even much bigger than them... walks around at 225, is very tall and has a huge reach. as a hughes fan i don't want to see this fight. weight classes are made for a reason and every champ has their own weight class. anderson is just such a huge MW that he can perform at LHW too, he is a rare instance of a fighter who is stuck in the middle and can do both. with that said it's up to matt and i will respect his decision if he decides to fight anderson. i have the upmost respect for fighters who like to challenge themselves and move up in weight classes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Twinsmama

Is is time to bring in Mark? Hasn't Matt said Mark was the one people fear? I'm not scared I'd roll with him
Old 08-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Country_breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i honestly don't think there is anyone that can beat silva at 185 or 205 let alone 170 .... a silva is a BEAST
if ANYONE can, it would be Matt. Remember:

"Ones courage can overcome the greatest of obstacles if one accepts Jesus and the Lord as thy saviour " Matthew 44:20