Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-10-2009, 04:48 PM
TENNESSEAN

Anyone who thinks ken won any round really loves ken or really hates bj. That fight was all bj's bj stuffed every take down and ken did not want to engage in stand up. Bj fought a smart fight and could have ended it whenever he wanted. And I am not a fan of bj. He's got skill but no heart.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Nut huggers
Old 08-10-2009, 05:05 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN
Anyone who thinks ken won any round really loves ken or really hates bj. That fight was all bj's bj stuffed every take down and ken did not want to engage in stand up. Bj fought a smart fight and could have ended it whenever he wanted. And I am not a fan of bj. He's got skill but no heart.
well i really really hate cry baby J but not even i would have given any rounds to Kenny...that really does hurt me to say that...even more then i first anticipated..i think i need a good cry now.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
BJ is one of my favorite fighters(#3), if he stays in this frame of mind and trainning, he will end up leaving lw again because no one will be a challenge. Face it, at 155, he is King, at 170, he is a threat to anyone(yes, even a grease free GSP).

Yes I see the Semblance

King Kamehameha (Polynesian Monarch)

Baby Jay Penn (also happens to be Polynesian)

[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Outstanding. I always did say the only two great things about Penn were his little giggle, and his Royal Wave.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:10 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
http://www.compustrike.com/stats_fil...nn-Florian.HTM

Penn out strikes Flo 87 - 51. BJ also out struck him in every single round and in round 3 Flo only landed 8 strikes and BJ landed 26. In terms of power strikes it was 21 for BJ and 6 for Flo. BJ also landed more clinch strikes as well as leg strikes. Now I know that compustrike does not always tell the whole story but in this fight it does. Anyone who thinks Flo won even a single round is crazy.
agreed. but compustrike forgot to mention one statistic: how many FAILED takedown attempts a fighter has.

i think florian had what, 40 failed takedown attempts? lol

penn had one takedown attempt, and easily landed it. picked him up and threw him to the ground straight into side control..
Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Yes I see the Semblance

King Kamehameha (Polynesian Monarch)

Baby Jay Penn (also happens to be Polynesian)

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Outstanding. I always did say the only two great things about Penn were his little giggle, and his Royal Wave.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong but BJ's father is white and his mother is Korean are they not?

BJ is not even an ethnic Hawaiin
Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
agreed. but compustrike forgot to mention one statistic: how many FAILED takedown attempts a fighter has.

penn had one takedown attempt, and easily landed it. picked him up and threw him to the ground straight into side control..
yes .. it reminded me of rocky IV .. drago would be defensive until he got the go ahead from the corner and then would unleash ... BJ just defended the takedowns for 3.5 rounds, then decided, enough is enough and BAM ...
Old 08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Outstanding. I always did say the only two great things about Penn were his little giggle, and his Royal Wave.
Correct me if I'm wrong but BJ's father is white and his mother is Korean are they not?

BJ is not even an ethnic Hawaiin[/QUOTE]
you are correct ....
Old 08-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

BJ is not even an ethnic Hawaiin[/QUOTE]
was he not born in Polynesia??

He may have a different heratage, an ethnic background...but you are where you are born. If he was born in Hawaii or in any of the Middle Pacific Islands, then he is Polynesian

I didnt say his whole Family was Natvie Polynesian did I
Old 08-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by que

compustrike said Ken-Flo was 0 - 6 on takedown attempts