Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
what disrespectful behavior??? Dodging Forrest's punches or maybe you are talking about him offering Forrest a hand to help him up. There is nothing wrong with trying to help someone up after they have fallen down. If anything that is good sportsmanship.
I don't know, man. Maybe I'm just annoyed by it and it's really not insulting at all...I just think, in complete honesty, that Anderson simply didn't need to do that. He's there to finish the fight, so helping up his opponent seems like a pointless move to me. It's not even that which really bothered me, anyhow. I just don't understand that after getting hit by a punch by forest he immediatley responds by giving that "Come on!" kind of crap, knocks forest down, and THEN holds a hand down to help him up. If anything, I just really wish that Anderson would just avoid that nonsense and just fight. There really is no need for it while he's in the octagon.

Of course, that's just my opinion. As to what you're saying about his dodging those punches, I don't think there's a single person that can say ill about that...he was untouchable. There's no doubt about that. It just makes me wanna see his fight with Roy Jones Jr. someday all the more.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I think what happened there is that he downed Forrest & stepped back, but Forrest wasn't sure if he was going to attack. Anderson was trying to make it clear he was going to let him up unimpeded & the easiest way to do that (since his English is lacking), was to help him up. I don't think there was anything inappropriate there.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:30 AM
pistol-pete

Hughes Tore his MCL, It hurts, I know I have done it in wrestling practice. Hughes didn't require surgery on his knee, and mine did not either.

I think you summed it up just fine, but you have to think that if one of your senses is impaired it puts a little fear in ya, and you want to seek medical attention in a hurry.

Now factor in the embarassement factor into all this as well, and we would all be looking to get the hell out of there as quickly as humanly possible.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I think what happened there is that he downed Forrest & stepped back, but Forrest wasn't sure if he was going to attack. Anderson was trying to make it clear he was going to let him up unimpeded & the easiest way to do that (since his English is lacking), was to help him up. I don't think there was anything inappropriate there.
Maybe so, but still, I think anderson should tried to have finished the fight there and then. Either that, or he could simply have made it obvious he wasn't going to attack by stepping back a few good feet, thus giving Forest a chance to get back up.

But either way, I wasn't coming on here to bash Silva; I just don't like some things he does in the ring. I came on here because I was pissed seeing people being jerks towards Forest. I've seen it on several forums, and I don't get it. I really don't. The man's done more with his life than a lot of armchair warriors will ever do with theirs, and it infuriates me to see a man who helped get the UFC to the level it's at now be called out for what he does. I swear, Brock got more respect for what he did not too long ago, it seems.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:37 AM
pistol-pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
I don't know, man. Maybe I'm just annoyed by it and it's really not insulting at all...I just think, in complete honesty, that Anderson simply didn't need to do that. He's there to finish the fight, so helping up his opponent seems like a pointless move to me. It's not even that which really bothered me, anyhow. I just don't understand that after getting hit by a punch by forest he immediatley responds by giving that "Come on!" kind of crap, knocks forest down, and THEN holds a hand down to help him up. If anything, I just really wish that Anderson would just avoid that nonsense and just fight. There really is no need for it while he's in the octagon.

Of course, that's just my opinion. As to what you're saying about his dodging those punches, I don't think there's a single person that can say ill about that...he was untouchable. There's no doubt about that. It just makes me wanna see his fight with Roy Jones Jr. someday all the more.
Offering both his hands after he floored Forrest was a bit over the line from showmanship, to embarassing your opponent.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:30 AM
kevint13

Apparently Forrest was not injured:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...9333&zoneid=13

Quote:
Following a devastating knockout loss to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 101 on Saturday night, former 205-pound champion Forrest Griffin wasted no time getting up from the mat and quickly exiting the Octagon.

At the post fight press conference, UFC President Dana White said he hadn't seen or heard from Griffin after the fight and he could be "back in Georgia" at that point.

Hes an emotional guy, commented White. He came into this fight confident that he was going to beat Anderson Silva.

Reports surfaced on Sunday that Griffin had suffered a jaw injury and that was the reason for his hasty exit, but MMAWeekly.com was able to confirm with representatives from Zinkin Entertainment, Griffin's management group, that he is physically fine following the Saturday night fight.

Griffin suffered no broken jaw and he is physically okay, said the Zinkin representative, but emotionally he is definitely not dealing well with the loss.

Griffin, who is ranked as a top five light heavyweight, faced Silva Saturday night in the co-main event, and struggled with the Brazilian's speed and unbelievable accuracy during the bout.

After two knockdowns early in the round, Griffin was caught with a quick straight right hand that put him down on the canvas for the final time as he waived to the referee to stop the fight.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:37 AM
Maldonado136

idk id be quite embarrassed if someone helped me up in the middle of a fight. and then finishes me with an almost effortless jab.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan
Calling someone a LOSER is disrespectful. It looks even worse for Rampage seeing that Forrest picked him apart and took his title. If Rampage thinks Forrest is a loser, what does he think of himself? Forrest had the courage to step in there knowing it was going to be an almost impossible task taking on Silva. In pre-fight interviews he even said it was a win win situation, Forrest said if he wins that would be good, but if he loses, no big deal he got beat up by Anderson Silva. You have to give Forrest credit for wanting the fight and wanting to fight the best of the best.
at first i believed forrest that it was a win-win situation... but now that i saw how completely amateur silva made him look, and how humiliating a one sided-beatdown it was... i can't say that was a win for him in any way. that was a loss. that was almost funny to watch (even though i like forrest) it definitely did not make him look good in any aspect. and running out of the ring like a little girl didn't help it either. nothing positive came from that fight for him. it was embarrassing. props to him for taking the fight but damn he was handled like a red headed stepchild
Old 08-10-2009, 03:20 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymcoach97
Haven't seen this posted, yet...

Apparently, Forrest was injured and that's why he raced out of the octagon. According to this article, he suffered a dislocated jaw and was having trouble hearing out of one of his ears.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...o-Machida.html
i saw reports from sources close to forrest that said this story is false
Old 08-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
at first i believed forrest that it was a win-win situation... but now that i saw how completely amateur silva made him look, and how humiliating a one sided-beatdown it was... i can't say that was a win for him in any way. that was a loss. that was almost funny to watch (even though i like forrest) it definitely did not make him look good in any aspect. and running out of the ring like a little girl didn't help it either. nothing positive came from that fight for him. it was embarrassing. props to him for taking the fight but damn he was handled like a red headed stepchild
QFT...unfortunately

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/