Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-09-2009, 09:20 PM
gymcoach97

Haven't seen this posted, yet...

Apparently, Forrest was injured and that's why he raced out of the octagon. According to this article, he suffered a dislocated jaw and was having trouble hearing out of one of his ears.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...o-Machida.html
Old 08-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Stump Rules!

It's also on Sherdog. I'm holding out for a more reliable source.What does the UK and Sherdog know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymcoach97
Haven't seen this posted, yet...

Apparently, Forrest was injured and that's why he raced out of the octagon. According to this article, he suffered a dislocated jaw and was having trouble hearing out of one of his ears.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...o-Machida.html

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Max

he still should have not run out like a little girl. he could have just walked out of the octagon like Ken-Flo did.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
he still should have not run out like a little girl. he could have just walked out of the octagon like Ken-Flo did.
if his ear drum poped the sound would have been killing him
Old 08-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Krupp

And besides that, I'm pretty sure all that happened to Kenny was that he tapped out to a RNC. I'm pretty sure he didn't get a dislocated jaw....

I'm tired of hearing about this crap about Forest. I'm in no way a nuthugger, but I have to wonder how many of us on here have had a dislocated jaw before? And how many of us have been hit on that dislocated jaw?

Quite honestly, Forest went into the octagon with one of the top three greatest fighters in the world, which is more than Rampage can say. It's more than any of us can say. I don't even know why people have to call him out on it; what about Anderson's disrespectful behavior during the fight? You wanna talk about something that's wrong, answer me that.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:32 PM
pistol-pete

I can't believe a dislocated jaw is very pleasant either. I have seen broken jaws, and I know how bad that hurts, but a dislocation? I am sure the pain is pretty unbearable.

Florian just got choked out, it wasn't like he sustained an injury of any seriousness.

I guess Max expects guys in the NFL to hang out on the sideline after blowing out an ACL, do a couple of sideline interviews, even sign some autographs, hang out with his teammates.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete
I guess Max expects guys in the NFL to hang out on the sideline after blowing out an ACL, do a couple of sideline interviews, even sign some autographs, hang out with his teammates.
No I dont expect them to do that at all. I would not want them to get up after hurting their shoulder and look like Usain Bolt as they sprint towards the locker room though. I dont have a problem with Forrest leavign the octagon and not giving an interview. If he was hurt he should not have to wait around for Rogan to ask him what was going through his mind as Silva beat the piss out of him. HE should have just walked out of the octagon and walked back to the locker room. Maybe even a little jog but not the full out sprint that he did. When Matt blew out his knee after the Alves fight he did not jump on someone's back and have them sprint to the locker room.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
It only took Quinton "Rampage" Jackson minutes to chime in on his thoughts of Forrest Griffin, the man who defeated him for the UFC light heavyweight championship at UFC 86 in July of 2008, following Griffin's destruction at the hands of Anderson Silva at UFC 101.

"I feel so bad for Forrest," Rampage stated on his Twitter account after the fight. "I don't even want a rematch anymore. LOSER!"

Other UFC personalities were less harsh.

Octagon girl Arianny Celeste tweeted, "I'm not supposed to say . . .but anderson silva is the shizz nit!"

Frank Trigg had similar sentiments, stating, "Now [best] pound for pound Anderson. In my mind no doubt."

Silva dominated Griffin during their fight at UFC 101 tonight, knocking out the former UFC light heavyweight champion in the first round. An embarrassed Griffin ran out of the cage to the back immediately after the fight.

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/20...on/index.shtml

thats kinda harsh i dont really know what the point is of saying that.
Rampage was probably just being Humourous.

Who cares what a Ring Girl thinks

and Frank Trigg now wants to be choked out by Anderson Silva, big suprise their

Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
what about Anderson's disrespectful behavior during the fight? You wanna talk about something that's wrong, answer me that.
what disrespectful behavior??? Dodging Forrest's punches or maybe you are talking about him offering Forrest a hand to help him up. There is nothing wrong with trying to help someone up after they have fallen down. If anything that is good sportsmanship.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 PM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
I'm tired of hearing about this crap about Forest. I'm in no way a nuthugger, but I have to wonder how many of us on here have had a dislocated jaw before? And how many of us have been hit on that dislocated jaw?
I'm not betting that is how you felt last night when it happened. To me it looked like he quit and then was embarrassed and darted to the back.

If he was injured then this makes sense for his actions. I hope he recovers soon.