Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Maldonado136

Default Rampage calls Forrest a loser

It only took Quinton "Rampage" Jackson minutes to chime in on his thoughts of Forrest Griffin, the man who defeated him for the UFC light heavyweight championship at UFC 86 in July of 2008, following Griffin's destruction at the hands of Anderson Silva at UFC 101.

"I feel so bad for Forrest," Rampage stated on his Twitter account after the fight. "I don't even want a rematch anymore. LOSER!"

Other UFC personalities were less harsh.

Octagon girl Arianny Celeste tweeted, "I'm not supposed to say . . .but anderson silva is the shizz nit!"

Frank Trigg had similar sentiments, stating, "Now [best] pound for pound Anderson. In my mind no doubt."

Silva dominated Griffin during their fight at UFC 101 tonight, knocking out the former UFC light heavyweight champion in the first round. An embarrassed Griffin ran out of the cage to the back immediately after the fight.

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/20...on/index.shtml

thats kinda harsh i dont really know what the point is of saying that.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Dawezilla

Well thats two losses that shook him so hard that her 'evacuated'. Jardine, being the first.

Perhaps he was upset (tears) and wanted to save some face and dignity - i have to hear what he has to say.

I have never taken such a shot from Anderson Silva in front of so many people so I can't judge too harshly.

It just looks bad.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:16 PM
pistol-pete

I said this before, that knockout looked like Liddell knocking out Vernon White, a stiff jab to an already rocked opponent.

The thing about Rampage is he is trying to be funny, but when they are just words, they are harsh and not funny. Forrest has had a hell of a ride the last two years in the Octagon, he has fought the toughest, and number one contender, the best P4P, or the champion in his last 4 fights.

Forrest has heart, but he doesn't have the talent to match up against a guy like Silva, but at this point who does? My best bet is that Hendo can put the pressure on him at 185, my belief is that Silva is a better fighter at 205, stronger, and seems so much more agile than his opponent at 205.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Stump Rules!

Or you even starting this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
thats kinda harsh i dont really know what the point is of saying that.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-09-2009, 02:28 PM
David_Banner

Typical Rampage.. Its kind of ironic the same dude that led Police of a car chase during some sort of idiotic Energy Drink benge is going to call anybody out for anything. Moron.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Hughes fanboy

ironic that he calls Forrest a loser now...

wait till he has to face Silva..

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-09-2009, 03:51 PM
que

"LOSER!"

wait... didn't rampage LOSE to forrest griffin himself?

he has no room calling him a loser. anderson would pick apart rampage just the same, anyways
Old 08-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
"LOSER!"

wait... didn't rampage LOSE to forrest griffin himself?

he has no room calling him a loser. anderson would pick apart rampage just the same, anyways
And we all have seen how well rampage takes losses
Old 08-09-2009, 04:38 PM
atomdanger

I dislike Rampage a lot, he just constantly runs his mouth, about everything.
I mean, since Pride...

AS did what you couldn't Rampage.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Liddellfan

Calling someone a LOSER is disrespectful. It looks even worse for Rampage seeing that Forrest picked him apart and took his title. If Rampage thinks Forrest is a loser, what does he think of himself? Forrest had the courage to step in there knowing it was going to be an almost impossible task taking on Silva. In pre-fight interviews he even said it was a win win situation, Forrest said if he wins that would be good, but if he loses, no big deal he got beat up by Anderson Silva. You have to give Forrest credit for wanting the fight and wanting to fight the best of the best.