Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-09-2009, 05:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

LOL at anybody who thinks that because Silva KOd Forrest it changes the fact the Jones will tool him in a boxing match.

Thats like saying because I dunked on Amare Stoudimire that I can beat David Beckham in a 1 on 1 soccer match.

Again, I am willing to use a word that has become second nature to meathead mma fans.... "delusional"

Shaq has a better chance against Lesnar in MMA than Silva has against Jones in a boxing match. Although, I will give Silva the credit he deserves....he did a good job of looking like Roy Jones in fight against Forrest, lol....
Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
LOL at anybody who thinks that because Silva KOd Forrest it changes the fact the Jones will tool him in a boxing match.

Thats like saying because I dunked on Amare Stoudimire that I can beat David Beckham in a 1 on 1 soccer match.

Again, I am willing to use a word that has become second nature to meathead mma fans.... "delusional"
dude relax, i was just kidding. RJJ didn't really poop his pants and immediately run out of the building.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Maldonado136

jones definitely has faster hands than forrest lol. this isnt a match that i really care about to be honest.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:03 AM
MMeh

Quote:

Shaq has a better chance against Lesnar in MMA than Silva has against Jones in a boxing match. Although, I will give Silva the credit he deserves....he did a good job of looking like Roy Jones in fight against Forrest, lol....
QFT. If Anderson fights Roy in a boxing match, it ends in the same time span an MMA fight between the two would. Different disciplines, I don't really see the point of this
Old 08-09-2009, 06:18 PM
clm12704

Quote:

Yeah, that's a solid comparison. Comparing skills in basketball to skills in soccer as equivalent to MMA and boxing.

I was a hardcore boxing fan for decades before I became an MMA fan. While I think RJJ would have beaten him when he was in his prime, I would place money on AS beating RJJ right now. I know about boxing, and I know about MMA. AS is extremely talented and would be able to be a force in boxing were he to focus his training exclusively on that aspect of his game.

Pathetic argument dude. Try again...
Old 08-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm12704
Yeah, that's a solid comparison. Comparing skills in basketball to skills in soccer as equivalent to MMA and boxing.

I was a hardcore boxing fan for decades before I became an MMA fan. While I think RJJ would have beaten him when he was in his prime, I would place money on AS beating RJJ right now. I know about boxing, and I know about MMA. AS is extremely talented and would be able to be a force in boxing were he to focus his training exclusively on that aspect of his game.

Pathetic argument dude. Try again...
I'll grant you that JB's comparison may not have been the best but he's spot in with his prediction.

AS is a great MMA fighter but in straight boxing RJJ would take him... I think it would take a few rounds but AS would no doubt go down.

How about this for an analogy... it's comparing a decathlete to an athlete who specializes in one of the individual sports...

AS may strike with his hands in MMA but he couldn't be compared to RJJ who ONLY strikes with his hands in his sport.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Lest we forget that little thing called A CONTRACT that Anderson Silva is tied to.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 AM
clm12704

I know we'll probably never see it, at least not until he's done with MMA, but I stand by my opinion that if he were to train exclusively on boxing, he would be a force. The dude is a top notch striker and just "has it".
Old 08-10-2009, 01:28 PM
clm12704

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbyKZoiyriM