Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-08-2009, 03:49 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Anderson Silva is in trouble

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDWnMXzgeZo

http://fighthype.com/pages/content5410.html

RJJ will be attending UFC 101 to scout Anderson Silva's skills
AS is in trouble...
Just not this weekend.

I'm gonna like this boxing match
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-08-2009, 03:52 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

oh snap!


Last edited by que; 08-08-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
AS is in trouble...
Just not this weekend.

I'm gonna like this boxing match
In the description of the video it says "Roy Jones Jr in his prime"... I think it's important to mention that RJJ is NOT in his prime anymore. Will he beat AS in a straight boxing match? Heck yeah.... but I don't think it will be as easy as people think....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-08-2009, 07:00 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
In the description of the video it says "Roy Jones Jr in his prime"... I think it's important to mention that RJJ is NOT in his prime anymore. Will he beat AS in a straight boxing match? Heck yeah.... but I don't think it will be as easy as people think....
Oh those were just highlights.
Of course highlights are going to show somebody at their best.

I will honestly be shocked if AS does anything at all,
even RJJ out of his prime, its his sport, he still boxes, he still wins.
Has AS ever boxed professionally? I just think he will be out done.

That being said, who knows, its still a combat sport, and im exited to see it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Oh those were just highlights.
Of course highlights are going to show somebody at their best.

I will honestly be shocked if AS does anything at all,
even RJJ out of his prime, its his sport, he still boxes, he still wins.
Has AS ever boxed professionally? I just think he will be out done.

That being said, who knows, its still a combat sport, and im exited to see it
I'd love to see it too. I can see AS using his speed and reach to last until the 3rd or 4th round... I don't see it going much deeper then that.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
oh snap!

haha yes!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Actually I think this will hurt Forrest. Anderson will want to put him away early so he won't do what he did with Cote and Leites. I still would love to see Forrest win though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-09-2009, 05:16 AM
clm12704
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Will he beat AS in a straight boxing match? Heck yeah....
Disagree. Completely.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-2009, 05:31 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

RJJ just sh*t his pants, then he immediately ran out of the building
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-09-2009, 05:38 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

LOL at anybody who thinks that because Silva KOd Forrest it changes the fact the Jones will tool him in a boxing match.

Thats like saying because I dunked on Amare Stoudimire that I can beat David Beckham in a 1 on 1 soccer match.

Again, I am willing to use a word that has become second nature to meathead mma fans.... "delusional"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.