Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: UFC 101 Picks

From Matt's Blog:

Quote:
Well, this week I had a lot going on. I've been waiting for pictures from Nicole Jones, so if you want to complain about the late blog, email her at the DrivenTV website.

Last Tuesday through Thursday, Joey and I went to Texas, so he could go gar fishing, with a bow, and hog hunting. We had a great time, Joey got a couple of gar, nothing big enough to mount, and he also got several hogs. The last hog Joey shot, he was with Uncle David, and I was told that the shot was 450 yards. Here are a few pictures from gar fishing:

We came back Thursday, then Friday I left for Houston for the Houston Hunters Extravaganza show with Texas Trophy Hunters. To keep me company on this trip, I took my two favorite uncles: Uncle Bob and Uncle Z. It's nice to have somebody with me, so I wasn't traveling by myself. The Houston show went well with Pat and Nicole, from DrivenTV, being there. Of course, they had to have some fun, so that night they told the staff at our restaurant that it was my birthday. So here are a few pictures from that trip as well:

Wednesday, Mark and I went up to GSI and took a tour of one of their factories. You'll be hearing more about them down the road.

Well, I've still not talked with the UFC on my next fight or even my next contract; but as soon as I find something out I'll let everyone know. Another question I've been asked is about the gym. It's doing very well and this summer has been very good for it. The location of the gym has been great because so many people have been flying into St. Louis and staying with us for a week or a month at a time. It's been good that I don't have a fight coming up, so I can really concentrate on the fighters in my practices.

This weekend is UFC 101, the two main fights are BJ Penn vs. Kenny Florian and Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin. I think BJ will have the advantage in his fight and he's going to be able to dictate and fight at his own pace. I think Anderson will have an advantage in his fight, but I think the matchup is very interesting. I think Forrest is going to have a style that is going to make Anderson throw and maybe put Anderson on a little bit of defense. I don't think Forrest is going to be scared to get in there and mix it up with him. Just a couple of my insights on Saturday night.

For those of you who might be interested, I set up a Facebook page earlier this week. There are a few people on Facebook pretending to be me, so I thought it was time to start up a real account to help shut down the imposters. Feel free to send in a friend request, but all of my weekly updates will still be coming from this website. Like my MySpace page, I'll only use Facebook to help promote special events. You can access my Facebook page from here:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Matthew-Hughes/645140647

Also, this has been around for a while, but just in case anyone here hasn't seen it yet, here is the link to my MySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/hughesmatthew

Finally, here's the Bible verse for the week:

Quote:
Do not repay evil with evil, or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. (1 Peter 3:9)
-matt
Old 08-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Crisco

Great blog Matt.

Always appreciate them.

God bless buddy and congratz on having a great boy.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Mac

Hey , Weve been pouring concrete at the new mexican restraunt here in town , And they are looking for waiters. I think youll fit right in haha ha/

Old 08-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mmmm, good Mexican food.....I am going to TX at the end of the month so I have to be sure to stop by my fave restaurant down there to eat. Seeing you in that hat makes me think that I'd pay real good money to see you dance the sombrero dance while singing La Cucaracha.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

450 yards!!! Dang, WARRRR JOEY !!

Good Blog brotha

In that pic with you and Mark you have less ... neck, I guess then when I saw you last in Vegas. Hitt'n the weights pretty hard?

I pick Forrest and K-flow ... I'll probably see 101 a day later then ya'll ... they normally show them the next day out here for free which is awesome of the UFC to do ... so I might not hop on here until after I;ve watched.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:02 PM

Good blog!
funny pics too. That Gar that Joey is posing with looks pretty darn big. How big do they have ot be to mount?
That 450 yard shot is incredible. Good shooting, Joey.

I agree with your picks. I got silva by KO in 2nd round, and BJ by decision or sub in the 3.

[
Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Good blog!
funny pics too. That Gar that Joey is posing with looks pretty darn big. How big do they have ot be to mount?
That 450 yard shot is incredible. Good shooting, Joey.

I agree with your picks. I got silva by KO in 2nd round, and BJ by decision or sub in the 3.
I was thinking the same thing about the fish... looks big enough to me.... or Joey is really, really small!!

BTW... K-Flo and Griffin
Old 08-07-2009, 10:10 PM
TENNESSEAN

sounds like Joey got that box of skill Mac was talkin bout in the other Thread.
way ta go buddy.
I think Joey should start takin Matt huntin after that shot.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

BJ and Forrest. Not a fan of BJ but I think he'll win this one. I really, really want Forrest to win.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

The first time that I caught a Gar it jumped straight up out of the water while I was reeling it in. I only caught a glimpse so I was yelling, "Look! I caught a swordfish!" Hubby was laughing his butt off. He said, "What makes you think there would be swordfish in a lake?"