Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Well, there's about 400yrs (right Nate?) between the end of Malachi & the beginning of the gospels & it's during that time that Israel is conquered by the Romans. In response to the religious & cultural pluralism of Roman culture, the Jews tended to try & pull together to preserve their cultural heritage. Unfortunately, as often happens with sinful, fallen man, they took it too far to the extreme & the Pharisees arose. They hoped that by buffering the Law with hundreds of new laws, they would protect themselves from even getting close the sinning. It began as "Well, the Law says not to do X, and to protect myself, I'm not even going to do W. That way, I'll never get close enough to X to be tempted into sin." Since that seemed like a good idea, they eventually W with V, V with U & U with T. Now instead of the Law pointing them to God, the law was pointing them to how amazing a Jew they were for doing all this great work to be holy. It became works- and man-centered, as opposed to God-centered.

Basically, there's probably not a hard & fast date that can be set as the "Death of Jewish Orthodoxy" that you're looking for, but it certainly happened (as I understand it) during the Silence.
Yes we can standardize and say the Jewish Orthodoxy Truly Died out the Date of the Roman Conquest, and say that it did not arise in Messianic Form until Christ. That would work.

Of course it really means that All Christians are Jews, and all Jews who call themselves Messianic, or call themselves Orthodox but believe in Christ are Jews...and those who call themselves Orthodox Jews are actually not even Jewish.

The one problem with that idea, is that Judaism is not founded by belief. Its founded by a Bloodline. Christians can get over that by saying that From the Return of the True Orthodoxy the definition of a Jew involved a belief in Christ, and thus no bloodline is needed. But it makes it a lot harder to honnestly dissmiss the pretend Orthodox Jews...because they, should be able to trace their roots back to one of the Tribes...thats quite unfortunate for this theory...because GODs Promise was to a people, not a Faith...if a section strayed away from the Faith, they are still part of the people.

So what do you do with a load of Descentents of Orthodox Jews, that call themselves Orthodox but are not by Faith, if we go with the changed definition of Orthodox. Knowing that GOD caused the spiritual blindness, then we are also faced with a terrific Job moment...because it then becomes rather more his chronological will that a load of His chosen be lost to Him.

The only way round this would be to proove that the False Orthodox Jews have not only No Faith relation to the Originals...but more importantly, are not related by Blood.

...and I think you find they will be...or at least claim to be so...unless they are all converts...but I dont think converting to Judaism is a big thing...of course it isnt, when one of the precursors for being a Jew is that you are BORN a particular ethnic Family. Thats why Christ and Saint Paul go on about "Adoption" when it comes down to the Heathen. They have been "Grafted" into/onto Israel, and "Adopted" dont under-estimate the plainess of that. We are Adopted Children, we are not Blood related...for the True Orthodoxy prior to The Romans, that might have prooved a difficulty. They always went and preached to the masses, but those masses were Jews that had Strayed...They were like the Jews that call themselves Orthodox today but lack Christ.

These is of course always the order of Melchizadeck...but I really dont think we need to be confused by a Holy Line Mystically separated from the Blood Jews
Old 08-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
So what is the Christian stance on circumcision?
The Early Church rulled that for Converts it was not essential. For the Jews already Jewish it was of course. It did come up and is actually mentioned in Acts of The Apostles along with other issues the early Community in Jerusalem faced

Personally I am...but thats nothing to do with faith...I had a nasty urinary tract infection when I was a baby...it just made it easier to sheer a bit off at the time to aid with the recovery.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
My stance is you should definately do it.

It's gross if you don't trust me the girls agree.

Cut certainly looks more Human, then uncut...uncircumcised members are a bit perculiar to behold...I'm sure Criscos girls would aggree
Old 08-11-2009, 07:18 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Cut certainly looks more Human, then uncut...uncircumcised members are a bit perculiar to behold...I'm sure Criscos girls would aggree
LOL .. i have not had any complaints ... personally, i don't see the need for it ... and was not the original reason for "identification" purposes? so how were women "identified" also, islam requires circumcision also does it not?

personally, i don't see a need to have it cut and i didn't get my son cut either ...
Old 08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Crisco

Quote:
LOL .. i have not had any complaints ... personally, i don't see the need for it ... and was not the original reason for "identification" purposes? so how were women "identified" also, islam requires circumcision also does it not?

personally, i don't see a need to have it cut and i didn't get my son cut either ...
Yea good job buddy. You better make sure your kid is pretty hush about his equipment.

Kids are brutal and having an ant eater will get you picked on hard.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:29 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Yea good job buddy. You better make sure your kid is pretty hush about his equipment.

Kids are brutal and having an ant eater will get you picked on hard.
LOL ... kids don't get bugged about that .. i never did .. plus i already taught him the universal comeback "your mother/sister/both didn't seem to mind last night/this morning"
Old 08-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Crisco

Quote:
LOL ... kids don't get bugged about that .. i never did .. plus i already taught him the universal comeback "your mother/sister/both didn't seem to mind last night/this morning"
Well played sir
Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

WTF Identification purposes???

Who is going to pull down a Jews pants to make sure he is a Jew by seeing if he's circumcised or not

I think you find its more to do with making oneself set apart for GOD. I dont exactly know...but its not going to be shown off like an ID badge...thats for certain
Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
So what is the Christian stance on circumcision?
You should read "Galatians".
Old 08-12-2009, 12:13 AM
rearnakedchoke

Can you give me a description of what it says?

Also, if God made man in His own image and saw what He made was good, why would He then want us to alter it?