Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-07-2009, 03:40 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

To clear things up....... Is what BJ doing slander or libel? Or is it the author of the article who could be libel? Does anyone know this stuff, me and my wife are now betting each other over this lol. Atom, I see what you mean by which is more repectful, and you are right. I would Also respect someone more for saying their opinions of me out in the open than in a private text. But I still don't agree with you that is the case here. It's also funny how BJ is at the center of both.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Maldonado136

His greasing crusade never amounted to much, but UFC lightweight champ BJ Penn won't rest until arch-rival Georges St. Pierre is busted for something. In a new interview with Yahoo! Sports, the Prodigy launched yet another explosive accusation:
"It’s just my opinion that he uses steroids. That’s it...I can’t hand you any proof, but that’s my opinion...In my opinion, he doesn’t play by the rules when it comes to steroids and growth hormones and that stuff. Look at him. He’s the worst. He looks like that every day. That’s cheating. There is a reason why there are rules against using steroids. The rest of us, we get fat, then we train and get skinny and the cycle goes over and over again. He looks the same way all the time. Come on.”

Allow us to float an alternate theory: GSP is bigger and stronger than BJ genetically, and works out all year long, and Penn is just saying these things to bait St. Pierre into a third fight that nobody wants to see except Penn himself. I mean, I can't hand you any proof on this, but it's my opinion.

Interestingly, the Yahoo! article in question is titled "Is B.J. Penn misunderstood?", and suggests that maybe he's not the spoiled crybaby that many fans think he is. But these baseless steroid accusations answer that question beyond a shadow of a doubt
: No, he's not misunderstood. He's every bit the aggravating, in-denial whiner that we think he is. Give it up, dude. You have a fight in two days.

http://www.cagepotato.com/bj-penn-pr...-uses-steroids

lol
Old 08-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Maldonado136

so how come when other fighters do or say things that arent as annoying they have no class but with bj its just that "hes a different person who acts differently thats all."
Old 08-07-2009, 04:07 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Neither is doing anything. BJ is stating this is merely his opinion, so as much as GSP might hate it, he can't do anything legally. If he stated it as fact, then that would be slander (since he said it). The reporter, on the other hand, is simply relaying what another said, so at best he's a tattle-tale.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:18 AM
Stump Rules!

Well, it seems he's already sorry

http://www.mmatraining.com/articles/...oids-comments/

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-07-2009, 04:33 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
To clear things up....... Is what BJ doing slander or libel? Or is it the author of the article who could be libel? Does anyone know this stuff, me and my wife are now betting each other over this lol. Atom, I see what you mean by which is more repectful, and you are right. I would Also respect someone more for saying their opinions of me out in the open than in a private text. But I still don't agree with you that is the case here. It's also funny how BJ is at the center of both.
Make no mistake, BJ is a drama queen
Old 08-07-2009, 04:34 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I actually liked what he had to say.
Maybe a good lesson for him to be careful about saying stuff?

I have to believe him when he says that wasn't what he thought the whole article would be about.
I dislike Kevin from Yahoo
Old 08-07-2009, 04:36 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
LOL on that note......... You see it your way, I see it my way. Either way it's been a decent convo, thnx guys. May the best man win on Saturday!
Thats why I love this sport!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Maldonado136

I think we’re starting to get a clearer picture of what B.J. Penn means when he says he feels misrepresented by the media. Judging by this pseudo-apology, he feels like he ought to be able to make damaging, baseless claims about other fighters without the media turning it into a big deal by reporting exactly what he said. For example, just because he says he thinks Georges St. Pierre is on steroids, that doesn’t mean you have to go running around and actually asking people if there’s even a shred of evidence to back up that assertion. Honestly, can’t a guy just toss out reckless accusations anymore?

Notice that while Penn apologizes to “all parties involved” after reading the article, never does he say that he was totally wrong to make those accusations in the first place. He even says, again, that he thinks GSP is on steroids, and that’s why he had “bad blood” with him in much the same way that he did with Sean Sherk. Then he somehow turns right around and claims not to understand why people are talking about this at all when he has a fight with Kenny Florian in two days. Here's a guess: maybe it's because you keep talking about it, B.J.

http://www.cagepotato.com/bj-penn-ap...ut-gspsteroids

geez the cagepotato people really dont like penn
Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM
GnP

This guy is such a tool. However lets be honest it is not surprising that he has more mud to fling Jealousy is a cruel mistress.
What does stick out to me and make me laugh is despite being the new super focused 100% committed BJ (for like the 5th time) he is talking about his loss at 170 again rather than focusing on his next opponent.

Once he has lost to Kenny he can retire and then claim his only loses were to cheats or because he was injured and that really he was the greatest fighter in the world that could have dominated every weight class if he had wanted.