Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Realistically you could pull a 4 or 6 week cycle without too much trouble.
Not to mention the tests for HGH are pretty weak.
have you seen people on hgh? how is someone to maintain a fight weight of 170 on constant cycles of hgh? i am sure it is possible, but with most roids and hgh you are not only gain strength, but if you are doing any type of hard workouts, you are gonna gain size too ...
Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Josh

He might be who knows but until they prove something it just makes BJ sound lame. I could see blood doping more than anything since he doesn't seem to get tired ever. Not to take anything away from his training. Is blood doping even illegal in the UFC? I honestly don't know.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

That's a bunch of crap. Anybody who saw the 3-week series of GSP/Penn knows that GSP doesn't drink and his only real vice regarding diet/training is he eats McDonald's on occasion.

We already know Josh Koschek stays in shape all-year round because he took the fight so short-notice with Thiago Alves.

Other fighters whom I guarantee stay in shape all-year round as these guys are always training others in MMA or wrestling:
- Matt Hughes
- Frankie Edgar
- Shane Carwin
- Kenny Florian
- Randy Couture

BJ gets done with a fight and just doesn't work anymore. BJ and Terrell Owens are the biggest sore losers on the planet.

Some people just stay in shape all year around and some people don't.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
StizzoFoShizzo

BJ is rediculously talented, and he is the Lightweight Champion, so he has earned the right to talk smack before a fight. Maybe even a little after. It just seems like that loss really really shorted out something in his head. I love watching BJ fight, he's just making it hard to be a fan of him.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:22 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
That's a bunch of crap. Anybody who saw the 3-week series of GSP/Penn knows that GSP doesn't drink and his only real vice regarding diet/training is he eats McDonald's on occasion.

We already know Josh Koschek stays in shape all-year round because he took the fight so short-notice with Thiago Alves.

Other fighters whom I guarantee stay in shape all-year round as these guys are always training others in MMA or wrestling:
- Matt Hughes
- Frankie Edgar
- Shane Carwin
- Kenny Florian
- Randy Couture

BJ gets done with a fight and just doesn't work anymore. BJ and Terrell Owens are the biggest sore losers on the planet.

Exactly, the word "off-season" doesn't exist to GSP
Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
BJ is rediculously talented, and he is the Lightweight Champion, so he has earned the right to talk smack before a fight. Maybe even a little after. It just seems like that loss really really shorted out something in his head. I love watching BJ fight, he's just making it hard to be a fan of him.
It's the first time he was ever completely mangled.

He was doing well before Matt punched his face in so it didnt bug him so much. He was able to make an excuse for it.

But losing the way he did after all that smack and build up really just ****ed him up.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:35 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
have you seen people on hgh? how is someone to maintain a fight weight of 170 on constant cycles of hgh? i am sure it is possible, but with most roids and hgh you are not only gain strength, but if you are doing any type of hard workouts, you are gonna gain size too ...
It really depends on the kind of working out you're doing.
If you're not lifting, you might not gain much size, and yes I have seen people on steroids and HGH.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:38 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21

- Matt Hughes
- Frankie Edgar
- Shane Carwin
- Kenny Florian
- Randy Couture

Last time I asked Nate how much Matt weighed, he said 192.
I don't remember how far out from a fight it was, but thats 12 lbs over confirmed.
Not saying he was out of shape, but its still not 170.

I won't bother commented about the HW's
I can't speak on Florian or Edgar, but I will bet Florian doesn't weigh 155 year round.

Also, BJ is only ever out of shape at 170, his frame isn't really meant for that weight,
same as Matt Serra, and a lot of other guys who have moved down, Florian didn't always fight at LW.
So, say what you want about BJ being a whiner or a crybaby, but show me a fight at 155 where he was in bad shape before you attack his lazyness.

Last edited by atomdanger; 08-06-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Last time I asked Nate how much Matt weighed, he said 192.
I don't remember how far out from a fight it was, but thats 12 lbs over confirmed.
Not saying he was out of shape, but its still not 170.

I won't bother commented about the HW's
I can't speak on Florian or Edgar, but I will bet Florian doesn't weigh 155 year round.

Also, BJ is only ever out of shape at 170, his frame isn't really meant for that weight,
same as Matt Serra, and a lot of other guys who have moved down, Florian didn't always fight at LW.
So, say what you want about BJ being a whiner or a crybaby, but show me a fight at 155 where he was in bad shape before you attack his lazyness.
BJ HAS to train to make 155 that is why he is in great shape.

BJ stays at 155 period. No need for him to move up ever again.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:00 PM
StizzoFoShizzo

I think I heard somewhere that GSP cuts at least 15 lbs before a fight though. Some people like BJ obviously between fights lay around, eat whatever, and gain weight until they know when their next fight is. Then there's people like GSP, who probably takes a few days off, eats a little bit more junk food, Also gains weight, but goes right back to training day in day out, whether he has a fight in 6 weeks or 6 years. Who knows? Until GSP tests positive, he's the champ, and anyone who loses to him then accusing him of dosing, is just a sore loser. Professionals who claim they want nothing but good things for the sport of MMA shouldnt throw around accusations of that nature without any proof. Stuff like that should be left up to all the fans on boards like sherdog.