Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 08-06-2009, 03:08 AM
sender

Default help with the weight cut :S

I'm competing in a tournament on satuday in the 162 devision. I've been able to diet my way down to about 170-168 and plan to take the rest off in the sauna on friday before the weigh ins.

Anyone know whats best to do to rehydrate and get my stamina and weight back up after I weigh in??
Old 08-07-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Each person has their own way to do it. By the end of the cut, your body will be starving to replenish its' water, glycogen, aminos, and proper hormonal balances (eat fats).

Some people just start downing water and stuffing their face with anything and everything while others are slower with it. You might want to start sipping water slowly and eating small amounts of food to see how your body will react. You might find if you eat and drink too much, you'll puke and then you've got a whole different problem.

When you eat your first meal, you might not want to get too full in case you might puke, so eat some foods that aren't filling, but digest quickly would be good for the first-timer. It'd be easy to replenish your glycogen with a fast-digesting carb such as dextrose (or even table sugar if you have to). Aminos can be quickly restored with whey protein, and for fats, might want to go with something healthy such as nuts or seeds. Honestly, Muscle Milk would be fairly good as it's not very filling and contains a good amount of fats and proteins, but it lacks the amounts of carbs you'd need, so you might drink some juice - try to shoot for 75-100g of carbs to get those glycogen stores replenished. The next couple of meals, you'd most likely begin to eat more solid foods. Load up on energy-rich foods like pasta or even a couple baked potatoes with some chicken breast or lean steak. Keep consuming some healthy fats like nuts or seeds - a handful at each meal would be sufficient. Oh, and drink water

Good luck!

Last edited by rockdawg21; 08-07-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:21 AM
sender

awesome! Thanks dude. So after eating nothing but veggies and slowly cutting water out I weighed in at 171 today!!! Which was bad but then did some drills and was able to sweat down to 168... No dinner and Next to no more water now. Aparently I only have to make 163. So hopefully all will go well.

Thanks for the heads up dude. This is my first cut with more than just diet so this is all new to me....

extreme....
Old 08-08-2009, 12:44 AM
sender

Whoohh!! So I did have to make 162. Made it no problem. Made weight at 5pm and its about 8:40 now and I'm feeling pretty good already. I'm better I'm already back to 170 almost with the amount of food and water I've been drinking haha.

Hopefully tomorrow goes well
Old 08-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender
Whoohh!! So I did have to make 162. Made it no problem. Made weight at 5pm and its about 8:40 now and I'm feeling pretty good already. I'm better I'm already back to 170 almost with the amount of food and water I've been drinking haha.

To war!!!!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-08-2009, 03:43 AM
TENNESSEAN

Glad to hear the cut went well. Good luck to ya.
WAR SENDER!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender

TO WARRRRRR!!!

I want pictures brotha!!