Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

It was all a big dissapointment for me.

I thought Miguel Torres was fantastic. I hope they give him a rematch so that he can gain his title back. I know next to nothing about Bowles...although I have no reason to dislike him.

I'm also sad about Jeff Curran He really wanted to get a win since he hasnt had one in sometime
Old 08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

But Leonard Garcia DID win, bless him. I was asking him why they'd put him so far down the card. You know, Curran had lost three and was touted on the posters and further up then Garcia whose only downfall was a failed contendership.

He replied that they were like dogs and only as good as their last fight, he said that he wanted to be impressive and show people that he was competant and good. Then hopefully next time they'd move him back up the card.

He's got a good heart has Leonard Garcia, I'm so pleased that he didnt lose that match
Old 08-10-2009, 12:44 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce13
I actually picked Bowles to win this fight.

[B]I feel bad for Curran....his last fights were Faber, Brown, Benevidez, and Mizagaki. The guy has only taken on top fighters and he is better than the outcomes of those fights have shown.[B]

I am really looking forward to the Cerrone fight next month and then the Brown/Aldo fight later this year.
Agreed, especially the bolded part. Curran is a class act.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
:
I thought Miguel Torres was fantastic. I hope they give him a rematch so that he can gain his title back. I know next to nothing about Bowles...although I have no reason to dislike him.
I have seen all of the WEC fights for both fighters. Torres has always given some exciting fights. But last night when they showed a close up before the fight started, Torres just didn't look right. as though he hadn't slept in days.
Much to admire about him, especially the way he has used his school to help poor kids; I am originally from that area and it has gotten pretty rough.

But like Tyburn I don't dislike Bowles; as I stated I have seen all his WEC fights. He is a very hardworking young man and in every fight he got better. It was just his night.

Both guys represent MMA well. For me it was another case of liking both fighters.

Benavides loss did shock me some. But when i saw how ripped Cruz was after dropping down a weight class I felt he would be tough.

Can't wait to see what Cerrone does.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Rev

I like Torres, and he looked to me like he always does. He got beat last night. The only positive in the round for him was the 4 seconds before he got dropped. Other than that he lost the rest of the round. This guy Bowles is for real!! War country boy!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:20 PM
atomdanger

Torres looked like he was a little too cocky to me.
Maybe not though, but maybe...

I thought Garcia lost, I just don't see what two rounds he won.

So / So fights over all, I thought most of it was pretty boring.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Maldonado136

torres looked the same as always to me. i think now that the main wec stars are no longer champions they should merge with the ufc. the timing is perfect right now to do that and dana was saying that they were considering it.