Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Crisco

I think Fedor is locked up with some bad bad Russians.

I have to be honest if he feels the same way that Vadim does deep down I've lost a huge amount of respect for him...
Old 08-03-2009, 02:32 AM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i doubt Chuck said that. if he did, he's on the Nyquil again. Fedor's team has tried multiple times to get a 1 fight deal against Lesnar, winner take all ..... in the UFC.
This whole time they tried to do that do you really think they thought it would happen?

That have not been nogiating they have just been responding. They got every concession that FEDOR wanted they didn't get what M1 wanted.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
This whole time they tried to do that do you really think they thought it would happen?

That have not been nogiating they have just been responding. They got every concession that FEDOR wanted they didn't get what M1 wanted.
Fedor said in the interview if he had originally been given the same offer as Dana gave him now, he would already have been in the UFC and likely still with them.

I guess Fedor got a stake in M-1 after the first negotiations with the UFC?

Vadim never said 1 bad thing about Dana or the UFC, but said since both of their interests are to expand MMA, they should work together. Dana & company, myself included, don't see it that way - they see their way to world dominance of MMA. There's no doubt in my mind even in Russia, UFC will be the dominant MMA organization within a decade. I thought it was funny to hear Vadim talk about M-1 making a video game, lol
Old 08-03-2009, 03:26 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
EDIT - Decided to make a screen capture of Fedor at the press conference. I don't know about scared, but he sure doesn't look happy to be there. Maybe he's owned by Putin or something.
You can never judge by Fedor's facial expressions. He always looks that way. I have had this for years now.....

Old 08-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

as much as Dana thought he could get Fedor without co-promoting, yeah.

they didn't get rid of the champ clause or agree to co-promote, so no, they didn't give in to every concession. and Fedor is part owner of M-1, so they are one in the same.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Fedor said in the interview if he had originally been given the same offer as Dana gave him now, he would already have been in the UFC and likely still with them.

I guess Fedor got a stake in M-1 after the first negotiations with the UFC?
exactly.

before he got with M-1, the UFC tried to get him but he turned them down. now they wait til he's part owner of M-1 to offer him this deal? they will co-promote with M-1 before 2010 is out.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

On this co promotion folks say should happen,Whats in it for the UFC?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
they will co-promote with M-1 before 2010 is out.

Goat . ive never been one to go against your ideas , Was always right there with ya. And in my years on the Internets ive never made a sig bet . But id be willing to make a small wager on this one
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Goat, there is no way the UFC is going to co-promote with M-1 Global. Did you not hear Dana talk about M-1 during his teleconference?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Fedor wont be scared. He might well be bored, tiered, or not completely following the language at a press conference, remember English isnt his first language.

Fedor isnt afraid of committment, he just doesnt want to be tied down, and because of his Status he actually can afford to tell Premiers to piss off if they dont accept him on his terms.

Chuck Liddell should probably stay retired, I mean I dont mind seeing him fight, and I dont really think Dana White should be able to force fighters into retirement quite so publically...but...does anyone really want to see him v Tito