Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
What if we don't believe there was ever an Ice Age? Didn't Al Gore just make that up to sell DVDs?

I would say that this snake is most likely pre-Flood.
The ice age was pre flood.

I dont know if the Ice Age happened in reality or whether its just backdated time, but you know what I mean. I have to say though, that it would have been dead LONG before the Biblical flood...if you dont believe in the iceage, you must say that everything like that is backdated, this means its a reflection of what could have happened naturally to lead TO the creation event.

Probably never took place in reality...if that makes sense.
jason2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
As the highest member of the food chain, I can say I'm glad these are no longer around, lol
i can tell ya this much, im trading in the choke stick for a 50.cal, and they can fire me if they want me to grab that on the back of its neck

no more catch and release policy, and after i exterminate it the customer is responsible for disposal lol

Thsi was in the metro paper this morning! If it still existed you know Crow would probably have one as a pet;)
Feeding it a horse a day!

[
Old 02-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Black Mamba

Quote:
They can't, it's impossible to date anything that old, so they use the old standby... they guess.

Carbon dating, when compared against tree rings, is only reliable to 1000 years. All other dating methods are based on unprovable assumptions about the universe and only amount to educated guesses as well, based on Evolutionary theory.
I learned that about Carbon dating in bio too, anything beyond the millions isn't reliable. If you're in the thousands to an extent is can be reliable. And speaking of Carbon dating, I've heard people try to use it to disprove the Bible. Have you heard about that Nate or anyone else?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
They can't, it's impossible to date anything that old, so they use the old standby... they guess.

Carbon dating, when compared against tree rings, is only reliable to 1000 years. All other dating methods are based on unprovable assumptions about the universe and only amount to educated guesses as well, based on Evolutionary theory.

Yes! I was thinking pre-flood, not 60 million years. I was waiting for someone to bring up the Periodic Times Chart. Cause that thing is an absolute joke!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba
I learned that about Carbon dating in bio too, anything beyond the millions isn't reliable. If you're in the thousands to an extent is can be reliable. And speaking of Carbon dating, I've heard people try to use it to disprove the Bible. Have you heard about that Nate or anyone else?
The whole periodic times chart is a joke as well. But yes, there have been many geologists and scientists that have tried to use carbon dating to disprove the Bible. And just like Nate said, carbon dating is only reliable up to a 1000 years. I have heard some say 2000 years, evwn then, according to the Bible, the earth is only about 6,000 years old.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Yes! I was thinking pre-flood, not 60 million years. I was waiting for someone to bring up the Periodic Times Chart. Cause that thing is an absolute joke!
Well I didnt bring it up because I think they got the figure wrong.

See 60Million years ago was AFTER the start of the Ice Age....the word was frozen that long ago. The Cretatious Period ended 65Million years...and I think the Warmth Spiked in the Jurassic...soooo maybe 160Million years would be more acurate...no way anything that size was alive after the Gulf of Mexico was formed.

There is nothing funny about the Historical past...you just have to remember that anything Pre the Antedeluvian Culture of about 10,000 years ago might not have happened...that is to say it would and could have happened and should have happened without Creation being a Chronological Event. As Creation is an Eternal Event the repuccusions go BACKWARDS into time aswell as FORWARDS...thats why those who died before Christ can still be saved by his sacrifice.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba
You can also check this site out:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...rove-the-bible
Old 02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
The whole periodic times chart is a joke as well. But yes, there have been many geologists and scientists that have tried to use carbon dating to disprove the Bible. And just like Nate said, carbon dating is only reliable up to a 1000 years. I have heard some say 2000 years, evwn then, according to the Bible, the earth is only about 6,000 years old.
No...according to an Anglican Bishop, based on an incomplete linage that is possibly more symbolic then literal.

However, one thing IS certain. The Creational Event in Chronology CAN be worked out. Simply, as soon as Humans start working in groups. The earliest known culture, still denied by many, but prooven to have existed is 10,000 BC

AND..lets get something else straight, you arent measuring the age of the Earth, but the date of a Chronological Creational Event. From which there will be a backdated past....Just like if you drop a bomb on a piece of land, the shockwave fans out IN ALL directions, EAST aswell as WEST.

Trust me, I've done Philosophy of Time, Philosophy of Religion AND Evolution at university...The truth is FAR more complex then either Scientists or the Christians on this forum accept....and for the record, I dont know if anything Pre 10,000 BC happened in the reality we understand it to have...rather I see it as a progression backwards, just like we are in a progression forwards, the epicentre of which was the Creational Event.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The ice age was pre flood.

I dont know if the Ice Age happened in reality or whether its just backdated time, but you know what I mean. I have to say though, that it would have been dead LONG before the Biblical flood...if you dont believe in the iceage, you must say that everything like that is backdated, this means its a reflection of what could have happened naturally to lead TO the creation event.

Probably never took place in reality...if that makes sense.
Well, I believe the "Ice Age" is just a misreading of the evidence. If there really was a global flood, then you would expect the water near the poles of the Earth to freeze, which is what I believe science mistakes for the Ice Age.

As mentioned before, dating methods aren't reliable and studying the strata of the Earth doesn't provide consistent results. Besides a global flood that lasted a year, could have laid hundreds or thousands of layers of sediment on the earth before the waters receded. Most likely, those layers are mistaken for periods of time, that science believes span millions of years, when they probably all happened over the course of a year.

The Bible tells us to put our faith in the "foolishness of GOD" before the wisdom of men, so when GOD says that He created the universe in 6 days, I see no problem with believing that.